Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mike12806

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Boston, MA
My Apple TV should arrive tommorow! YAY! Just wondering, can I have my apple tv sync with my imac and my itunes account, but also use my dad's seperate itunes account to buy movies/tv shows on the apple tv? And if so, can I then sync it back to my computer? Yes, I'm cheap....

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
My Apple TV should arrive tommorow! YAY! Just wondering, can I have my apple tv sync with my imac and my itunes account, but also use my dad's seperate itunes account to buy movies/tv shows on the apple tv? And if so, can I then sync it back to my computer? Yes, I'm cheap....

Um...I'm going to say that yes you can sync it to your iTunes account and then buy stuff with your dads account. However, I think that your iMac would have to be logged in with your dads iTunes account for it to sync back. The problem with all this comes in that you would have to remember which was bought with which and resign in every time you wanted to watch the other movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.