PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Tips

Doctor Q
Feb 20, 2008, 01:32 AM
This thread is a companion to the Five Million Post Avatar Contest thread.

If you are interested in creating an avatar for the contest, but aren't sure about software, techniques such as resizing, or have other questions on the topic, this is the place to ask.

If you have answers, please share your knowledge!

These issues have been covered before, elsewhere in the MacRumors forums, but having advice and tips here will make it easier. It's OK to post links to relevant threads with more details as well.

acearchie
Feb 24, 2008, 10:52 AM
Am I doing it right?

My entry is not going to be mind boggling but 75x75 at 70ppi seems really small in pixelmator, smaller than the avatar size on macrumors...

Thanks

Doctor Q
Feb 24, 2008, 12:42 PM
Am I doing it right?If you mean the avatar you attached here, yes, it meets all the contest requirements.

Much Ado
Feb 24, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'd like to make an animated avatar in the style of old-school tile puzzles, and came up with a prototype which is basically a block of four sequential images.

How do I go about 'animating' the parts?

Peace
Feb 24, 2008, 04:46 PM
DoctorQ does my avatar meet requirements?

Doctor Q
Feb 24, 2008, 05:42 PM
DoctorQ does my avatar meet requirements?You haven't entered the contest, so I assume you mean your current forum avatar. It's within the pixel dimension limit (75x75 maximum) and within the bytesize limit (20,000 bytes) as well.

The other requirement is that it be newly created for the contest, and I don't know if that applies to your current avatar.