Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
The game did work with no problems before apple's grapich update, but now I cant play. It is like it lag's if something explodes or many people on the same spot, my ping is around 20 every time.

Anyone have same problem or some ide what it could be.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
The game did work with no problems before apple's grapich update, but now I cant play. It is like it lag's if something explodes or many people on the same spot, my ping is around 20 every time.

Anyone have same problem or some ide what it could be.

No problems here, no 10.5.2 problems noted on the Mac Forums on EA site either.

Not knowing anything about your system I don't know how to help.

redsteven

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
i WISH I could say "go talk to EA..."

but... yeah.... good luck with that.

Can't add any real info here either as I'm still going old school with Tiger :)

Saladfingersz

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
LA
Go return it if you can and run the pc version on bootcamp.. thats what I'm doing. I just learned firsthand that games on the Mac do suck.. the rumors were true.

redsteven

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
I just learned firsthand that games on the Mac do suck.. the rumors were true.

yes saladfingers, 2142 mac DOES suck... but not games in general.

2142 isn't a normal port... it's a CIDER port. Cider is a cheap way to do porting because you don't have to recode much of the program... Cider simply converts the code on the fly. This means you take a performance hit. I don't know if all cider games are inherently bad, but either way, 2142 is a POOR job of porting.

Quake 4, on the other hand, is a well ported application. It runs faster than 2142 does for me, and it also looks better at the same time.

And this is actually a windows user talking about how 2142 runs crappy on Windows for him (http://www.notebookforums.com/thread192788.html), even though other applications run well. In that guys post he mentions half life running well... and it does, it totally kicks battlefield's ass in performance in windows (on my system, at least).

2142 is fun, but the quality of the engine leaves much to be desired : \

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.