Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coxymanboogie!!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Peterborough UK
Hi, I have been reading other threads and came across a recommendation for the XtremeMac 4 port HDMI switcher which looks great and will be buying one very soon. It got me thinking regarding the massive industry for Apple accessories and was wondering if, now Take 2 incorporates Airport, is anyone making wireless speaker which can be operated by the new speaker selection button in the bottom right of iTunes now. I know that you can buy Airport base station and connect speakers to that, but I want to take some speakers into the garden during the summer and would like a compact / tidy solution if possible.
Thanks for your anticipated help.:rolleyes:

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
This is a great idea. I would be looking for a 3rd party vendor to create an outdoor speaker system that incorporates the Airport Express. Need some patio speakers for entertainment and would like an all in one solution.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I was thinking exactly the same thing almost straight after I started using AirTunes with my :apple:TV.

iPod HiFi with a built in Airport Express + bigger focus on batterylife = a good idea IMO.

Coxymanboogie!!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Peterborough UK
Looks like I've hit on an idea then. Better get down to the patent office and register it, then sell the idea to Apple for millions of beer tokens (Pounds). In the meantime, if anyone sees some already on the market, please let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.