Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pathfinder55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Do you think we will get games on the iPod touch with the SDK? Because games like phase and vortex, I think would be awsome on an iPod touch. And besides there are other developers that will just come out with the same thing only a bit different, so why wouldnt Apple try and make a profit out of it.

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
I think when the SDK is released, Apple will have some of their own apps up their sleeve to buy and download. Then more third-party people will create free/paid apps.

swearbymac07

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
.......g

GAMEBOY ADVANCE EMULATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, public release, please. Possibly Nintendo DS one with ALL game compatibility???????

Apps like Wi-Fi Toggle, I think, Apple will block because it calls a specific function of the hardware, and if it isnt totally wrapped in security Apple WILL block it because it may cause problems with the OS /and/or Hardware.

iTunes 7.7 or 7.8 will be coming for the SDK as they have to update the store (and make it damn faster too Apple (Smoother Scrolling for one)) with the SDK Apps Menu (or just Apps).. iPhone/iPod Touch Firmware 1.1.4 obviously has to come as Apple included the Jan Apps on the Touch with an Update and were unlocked by a Plist File after the Purchase. This is different, actually Installing apps on the iPod/iPhone which I gather....is not currently possible without a Jailbreak. (Which I still haven't done to mine.....:D)

Also, Apple will probably include a Tester App for the actual Mac which demos the App you made before you put it on the iPod/iPhone to see if it works or not (hint hint)

Any other tips or anything you think will be included/released parallel?

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Touch is not fast enough to effectively emulate the DS. It barely handles the GBA. And you will NOT see Nintendo authorizing real, fully legal emulators. Nothing to do with Apple. Nintendo's idea of giving you access to more games is re-releasing them on the DS, requiring you to buy a DS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.