PDA

View Full Version : Macbook "CLICKER" screwed up? (Video inside) Everyone watch!

-Josh-
Feb 20, 2008, 03:03 PM
Hey guys - here's a video to my problem. I can't really explain it so please just listen closely and watch my YOUTUBE video. The left side of my large clicker on my macbook seemed to be acting up suddenly. I did not notice this before. What makes this weird is, I usually never use my clicker. I always use my wireless mighty mouse - I just used it once one day while holding my macbook on my lap and then noticed a double click out on the left hand side.

Please watch and advise, thank you all!

Josh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq1ssu0cXB0

firstapple
Feb 20, 2008, 03:06 PM
I watched the video and can definitely say mine does not do that! huh, wonder what it could be... Maybe you pushed to hard on the left side or something, since the right side seems fine

noodle654
Feb 20, 2008, 03:08 PM
It sounds a little load for a clicker on a mouse...

-Josh-
Feb 20, 2008, 03:32 PM
Advise??

dL.
Feb 20, 2008, 03:34 PM
Still under warranty? Call Apple Care.

dL

wayland1985
Feb 20, 2008, 09:33 PM
My powerbook did something like that. A can of compressed air straightened it right out...

secretpact
Feb 20, 2008, 09:41 PM
Mine feels weird if u click it on the sides. It feels softer and not tactile? But it doesn't make a clicking sound that loud. On the sides the clicking sound is quiet. In the middle it's a little louder, but not that loud.

djinn
Feb 20, 2008, 09:47 PM
Does it work? Thats the main question.

topher2889
Feb 20, 2008, 09:48 PM
ya that happened to my macbook too. It was still under warranty so I took it to the Genius Bar. They offered to replace the whole top case including the keyboard for free. Fixed the clicking problem but my new clicker is squishy on the sides now and doesn't really make any clicking sound. I personally prefer the silent click over the old noisy bastard but I wish I could just go back to when it was new and had the perfect clickiness Oh Well :(

makismagoo99
Feb 20, 2008, 10:24 PM
....but my new clicker is squishy on the sides now and doesn't really make any clicking sound. I personally prefer the silent click over the old noisy bastard but I wish I could just go back to when it was new and had the perfect clickiness Oh Well :(

Same kind of thing happened to me. My MacBook developed the cracks in the palmrest, so I took it in to the Apple Store for repair. They ended up replacing my entire keyboard and trackpad. At first, I thought, "Sweet!" but the new trackpad button is squishy on the sides and most of the time doesn't even click :(

johny5
Feb 21, 2008, 01:45 AM
mine did this as well and luckily it was only a week or so old so i just returned it and got another :)

-Josh-
Feb 23, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the heads up.
The clicker has gone away. Everytime that It heard the click I would lift the Macbook to my mouth and blow into the clicker. Everytime I did that, It would temperarily stop the clicking. After a few times, the clicking has went away. Should I still take it to a Mac store, or what? The thing is gone, but is my Macbook defective?

It was fine, ended up weird and made that noise you heard in the video. After enough blowing of air into the clicker it has gone away. Advise?

Thanks again,

Josh

HLdan
Feb 23, 2008, 06:47 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the heads up.
The clicker has gone away. Everytime that It heard the click I would lift the Macbook to my mouth and blow into the clicker. Everytime I did that, It would temperarily stop the clicking. After a few times, the clicking has went away. Should I still take it to a Mac store, or what? The thing is gone, but is my Macbook defective?

It was fine, ended up weird and made that noise you heard in the video. After enough blowing of air into the clicker it has gone away. Advise?

Thanks again,

Josh

Yes, you should still take it in and have Apple look at it. It could be debris underneath your trackpad button or the ribbon cable may need replacing. If it's weird off and on it could get worse later.
The worse Apple can say is they found nothing wrong but use your Applecare while it's still active.

AndyK
Feb 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
It sounds like a coin being hit on the table as you do it \o/

In all seriousness though, have it looked at as it very probably shouldn't be dong that.

dmmcintyre3
Mar 26, 2009, 07:44 PM
swollen battery?