PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Restore Vanilla 1.1.3: Purchased Music Won't Play

TheSpaz
Feb 21, 2008, 08:00 AM
I just restored my iPod to a factory-fresh 1.1.3 last night and synced my music over and everything went fine. Today, I can't get any of my purchased music to play on it. The January Software Upgrade works fine, I just can't get iTMS content to play. It LOOKS like it's playing but, it's silent. Is there anyway around this problem? Do I have to restore again or re-sync?

Anyone else ever have this problem?

sreedy
Feb 21, 2008, 08:09 AM
I had an issue like this and once I had played some of my purchased tracks on the computer again and then re-synced the iPod they started playing again. I was expecting to have to Authorize again but I didn't have to.

TheSpaz
Feb 21, 2008, 08:48 AM
I had an issue like this and once I had played some of my purchased tracks on the computer again and then re-synced the iPod they started playing again. I was expecting to have to Authorize again but I didn't have to.

Cool thanks! I'll try that

TheSpaz
Feb 21, 2008, 01:03 PM
Update: I figured it out without copying the files back on. Just unauthorized your machine, then try to play one of the songs from your iPod connected to iTunes and type in your password. Then they should play on the iPod again. This works for music videos too.