Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I heard a rumor a month back or so that the touch might get a price drop and the 8 GB model discontinued. Who thinks this rumor has any credibility and if so when do you think it will occur?

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
Yea, I've been holding off because of this rumor too. I thought maybe it would happen along with the apple event, but now that the event seems like it's not real I'm not sure whether I should just pull the trigger or not. :)

fandsw

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
Helena, AL
Considering they just added the 32GB within the last 3 weeks I doubt you'll see any price drops soon on it. Just buy from a retailer that allows exchanges within 30 days, such as I did for my Touch. I bought my 16GB version the week after MacWorld, then a week later they started selling the 32GB version. Waited till BestBuy had it in stock and did an exchange.

As for the 8GB model being dropped, well that is a different story.

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
I hope this price drop is true. I'd like to get an iPod Touch, but at least a 16GB one, and I'd like to spend below $300. I'll try to hold out for this.

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Well of course it will eventually happen, but I'm hoping its sooner rather than later. Hopefully within the year. I'm wondering though if they will come out with the second generation of iPod touch before they drop the price of the 16 and 32 gb models. That would be an apple thing to do.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
It will happen, probably around September when iPod updates come. They can't really expand the capacity and the hardware doesn't really need anything new, so a price drop will likely be what happens there.

AndyC

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2005
UK
A lot of rumours have been saying the Ipod touch price drop will be at the end of Feb, does anyone know any more about this, I would have though if it was going to happen it would have happened today, or could it coinside with the SDK.

Delia

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
USA
A lot of rumours have been saying the Ipod touch price drop will be at the end of Feb, does anyone know any more about this, I would have though if it was going to happen it would have happened today, or could it coinside with the SDK.

I was really hoping to see it as part of the stuff released, but I'm still waiting on it.

Maybe it will be out later today-- but no SDK or ipod drop yet. I've got some money put aside for an iPod touch but I'd rather just get an 8gb for less than it's current price because I don't need a ton of space on it.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
I was really hoping to see it as part of the stuff released, but I'm still waiting on it.

Maybe it will be out later today-- but no SDK or ipod drop yet. I've got some money put aside for an iPod touch but I'd rather just get an 8gb for less than it's current price because I don't need a ton of space on it.
You're dreaming. Get real. There's no need for a price drop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.