PDA

View Full Version : MacPro Problem - Help

Mastamarek
Feb 21, 2008, 09:58 PM
Hello
So I ve bought the MacPro early 2008 the day after its premiere and so far it was running ultra smooth and perfect until a week ago when I was just surfin the net using firefox, the screen just died. It just froze, there were lines, it looked like some gpu malfunction. 5 min ago I was watching a video on youtube and my screen froze but the mac was still running. The screen went dark and the sleep light on the right bottom was flashing on and off. The computer didnt respond to any keys :( Plze help me, whats wrong. I really cant afford that to happen again, I have huge projects on final cut for collage and I cant afford to loose my date like that. Did anyone of u have a similar problem? Is it the firefox bugs or a hardware issue?? what should I do?? I really cant give away the computer to apple because I need it to work!
Thx in advance
Marek

jimithing1
Feb 21, 2008, 10:15 PM
Hello
So I ve bought the MacPro early 2008 the day after its premiere and so far it was running ultra smooth and perfect until a week ago when I was just surfin the net using firefox, the screen just died. It just froze, there were lines, it looked like some gpu malfunction. 5 min ago I was watching a video on youtube and my screen froze but the mac was still running. The screen went dark and the sleep light on the right bottom was flashing on and off. The computer didnt respond to any keys :( Plze help me, whats wrong. I really cant afford that to happen again, I have huge projects on final cut for collage and I cant afford to loose my date like that. Did anyone of u have a similar problem? Is it the firefox bugs or a hardware issue?? what should I do?? I really cant give away the computer to apple because I need it to work!
Thx in advance
Marek
Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=419100

It seems like you are having the same issue that alot of us are having. If you have a second monitor you may want to plug that up for the mean time before apple gets a fix on this.

dukeblue91
Feb 21, 2008, 10:21 PM
Call Apple Care and get a new GPU card.

Mastamarek
Feb 21, 2008, 10:26 PM
Sorry guys, I know I'm one of the lame users of the forum, I moved my question to the big thread. Thx