PDA

View Full Version : Brown Dot

Lord Sam
Feb 22, 2008, 02:23 AM
I have recently noticed a brown dot above the touch's screen (under the glass in that black bit). However, it can only be seen when a strong light (ie. sunlight) is shined at a certain angle on that area. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

seaofshame
Feb 22, 2008, 03:12 AM
It's not a problem, It's a light sensor for the auto-brightness setting.

Lord Sam
Feb 22, 2008, 03:55 AM
It's not a problem, It's a light sensor for the auto-brightness setting. Ah. That explains it. Thanks.

cbrain
Feb 22, 2008, 06:54 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

It's not a problem, It's a light sensor for the auto-brightness setting.

That's why on some cases there is a hole on the top.

br1anc
Feb 22, 2008, 08:44 AM
oh, thats what that is... i thought it was the WiFi sensor.:p

Lord Sam
Feb 22, 2008, 09:34 AM
oh, thats what that is... i thought it was the WiFi sensor.:p Nah. That's the black patch on the back.

amanda kathryn
Feb 22, 2008, 09:43 AM
speaking of... i have turned on and off the auto-brightness and i notice no difference :confused:

Ivan P
Feb 22, 2008, 10:57 PM
speaking of... i have turned on and off the auto-brightness and i notice no difference :confused:

It depends on where you are. If it's at night and you're in a dark room it is definitely noticeable, the screen will be apparently dimmer than usual. If auto brightness is enabled for you and it doesn't change for your surroundings, then your iPod may have a hardware problem.

Lord Sam
Feb 23, 2008, 04:33 AM
speaking of... i have turned on and off the auto-brightness and i notice no difference :confused: Climb into a dark closet, or turn off all the lights in your bedroom, and pull the covers over your head. Then turn the auto brightness on and off. If nothing happens, you've got a problem with your touch.

amanda kathryn
Feb 23, 2008, 05:04 AM
i did it with my thumb over the sensor, but i'll try it somewhere dark.

Lord Sam
Feb 24, 2008, 04:45 AM
i did it with my thumb over the sensor, but i'll try it somewhere dark. Okay. That work.:D