PDA

View Full Version : mac osx -> windows

sanderg14
Oct 27, 2003, 01:00 PM
i want mac osx 10.3 on windows. Why don't they make it ?

edesignuk
Oct 27, 2003, 01:04 PM
I think it's time for your bed time...you're talking nonsence :rolleyes:

slowtreme
Oct 27, 2003, 01:04 PM
This question has no answer. You should probably rephrase it.

tjwett
Oct 27, 2003, 01:05 PM
I want a Unicorn.

yellow
Oct 27, 2003, 01:18 PM
I want to crush my enemies, drive them before me, and hear the lamentation of their women.. then I want to be Governor of California.

Flowbee
Oct 27, 2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by sanderg14

And I want Safari on Internet Explorer. :p

SiliconAddict
Oct 27, 2003, 01:20 PM

They do....its called Object Desktop, and Object Bar :D ;)

SiliconAddict
Oct 27, 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Flowbee
And I want Safari on Internet Explorer. :p

No no no no no. You want Safari on Firebird on Internet Exploder. :p

sanderg14
Oct 27, 2003, 01:35 PM
is it so difficult to make that mac osx 103 works under windows. It is possible , say Intel manager

tutubibi
Oct 27, 2003, 01:40 PM

I think it's good idea. OS X GUI and iApps on industry-standard rock-solid Windows ME. Then they can advertise it like "Not only it's good looking but often crashing as well".
:D

tutubibi
Oct 27, 2003, 01:42 PM
is it so difficult to make that mac osx 103 works under windows. It is possible , say Intel manager

I think you are mixing Windows with x86 platform (Intel/AMD CPU PCs). Windows is an OS running on x86 PC.
While porting OS X to x86 platform is definitely possible, it looks like it will not happen (do a search for Marklar on the forums, this was discussed so many times before).
I guess your original question should be about OS X on x86 not on Windows?

SiliconAddict
Oct 27, 2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by tutubibi
I think you are mixing Windows with x86 platform (Intel/AMD CPU PCs). Windows is an OS running on x86 PC.
While porting OS X to x86 platform is definitely possible, it looks like it will not happen (do a search for Marklar on the forums, this was discussed so many times before).
I guess your original question should be about OS X on x86 not on Windows?

I'm guessing he may be talking about emulation as VPC is for the Mac why couldn't it be done for the PC. :confused:

Or maybe I'm wrong. :confused: :confused:

yellow
Oct 27, 2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SiliconAddict
I'm guessing he may be talking about emulation as VPC is for the Mac why couldn't it be done for the PC. :confused:
If that is the case, the answer, sanderg14, is that there probably wouldn't be enough interest amongst Windoze users to warrant a developer to create such a thing.

jxyama
Oct 27, 2003, 03:41 PM
like some others noted, i think he meant running OS X on an Intel processor based PC.

i guess for some set of people in the world, PC == Windows and Internet == IE...

sad, but true...

to answer the original poster... hmm, how to do this without getting too technical?

it's sort of like saying, "i like this movie that's out only in VHS format. why can't i play the tape on a DVD player?"

sorta.

TheFish
Oct 27, 2003, 04:35 PM
buy a mac

mrjamin
Oct 27, 2003, 05:02 PM
i want a toilet made out of solid gold, but that just isn't on the cards now, is it baby?
Austin Powers

edit: thinking about it - you can get windows on OSX....

snickelfritz
Oct 27, 2003, 05:49 PM
I want chocolate in my peanut butter.

Thom_Edwards
Oct 27, 2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by tjwett
I want a Unicorn.

this could be the funniest thing i've ever heard........

jrv3034
Oct 27, 2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Thom_Edwards
this could be the funniest thing i've ever heard........

I want Rachel Weisz.

MrMacMan
Oct 27, 2003, 07:56 PM
Yeah Os X on Windows is almost possible due to a few Hacks of Windows to make it look like X...

If Os X ran on x86 (Not WINDOWS, WINDOWS IS AN OPERATING SYSTEM LIKE OS X) it would need a complete re-wright and none of the applications could run on it.

:(