PDA

View Full Version : mac pro 8-core early 08 compatible graphics cards

dudeofblokes
Feb 22, 2008, 01:38 PM
hi im really sorry if this has been posted in wrong place its my first post but wanted to ask the great people on here for help

i have just gotten a mac pro 8-core early 2008 model and am curious of what graphics cards are actually compatible with her or is it only the ones shown on apples site?

thank you

Mackilroy
Feb 22, 2008, 01:40 PM
The only graphics cards currently guaranteed to work are indeed the cards shown at Apple's site. However, if you're running Windows, you can pretty much buy any old card and throw it in there and it'll work (only under Windows, however).

dudeofblokes
Feb 22, 2008, 02:12 PM
was just curious as i got the ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT with it and was wondering if i wanted to add a better one was i limited in doing so as i wont be using windows on her.

worried now that she will be redesigned pretty soon leaving my case beautiful as it is looking old

rhyx
Feb 22, 2008, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't worry about it looking old. Who cares about a redesign if it is a beautiful machine.

Look at old cars. They are beautiful in their own way.

dudeofblokes
Feb 22, 2008, 03:37 PM
nothing wore than buying a new machine for it to be replaced lol but then again im using a g4 powerbook now and i couldnt imagine replacing it with a macbook or air, does everything i need it too do and the more powerful stuff will go to the pro so i can see this baby being used for another few years.

the mac pro is gorgeous and i think she is worth every penny