PDA

View Full Version : iBook Internal Speaker Issue

JDR
Feb 22, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hi all,

I have a small issue on my iBook (G4) that's been driving me a bit crazy lately. I noticed a few months ago that when I selected a song/video on iTunes to play, I would get uneven volume output on my two internal speakers. I tried restarting iTunes, restarting the computer, etc. to no avail. In addition, sometimes this problem would not arise for a few days, and then suddenly start up again. I then dug up the program Audio MIDI Setup and saw that the sliders were uneven . Once I slid them back together, I thought I had solved my problem. Nope! It came back, and I even saw that if I opened up Audio MIDI Setup right after the computer turned on, the sliders would be skewed even before opening iTunes or Safari or some other program that used audio. I've come accustomed to manually balancing the volume output, but the irregularity of this problem occurring frustrates me. Attached is a screenshot of Audio MIDI Setup with the issue--note the Audio Output sliders.
Anyone know what's going on?

-JDR

TEG
Feb 22, 2008, 07:15 PM
While I can't help with your problem, I will say that I have a similar issue on my PowerBook, but what happens, is that my changing the volume, the balance will change sometimes, regardless of if I'm using the built-in speakers, my USB SoundSticks, or headphones.

TEG

JDR
Feb 23, 2008, 08:17 AM
TEG,

Do you also use Audio MIDI Setup to correct the problem? Or some other way?