PDA

View Full Version : Shuffle dead?

BigBadBob1982
Feb 23, 2008, 02:37 AM
I was planning on putting a cd/mp3 player and new speakers in my truck this spring, but have decided to wait and save up and do it right.

In the meantime, I wanted to listen to what I wanted, but no cd player. So I got a cassette adapter and a refurb iPod Shuffle from CircuitCity. Didn't want to spend too much and the sound is pretty good actually. It worked very well, I was happy.

One problem. I had never had a mp3 player before. Don't know why, just never wanted or needed one. So I was new to itunes and all that. After a few days I was adding some more songs to it, when I realized I could set ratings and have it play those more often than others. Nice. I also locked the volume at 50% (just a test, as it got turned up the other day and I thought I'd blown a speaker). Updated all my tracks with ratings (Itunes synced after EVERY rating change).

Now, after spending 40 minutes updating ratings, waiting for it to sync and etc.... I wanted to add a few more tracks. Plugged it back into the usb port, and iTunes said something about not being able to use this ipod right now, please restore it or something.

I tried the restore, but it didn't do anything. Then I tried the updater, and it said failed. The pc recognizes that it was plugged in, but iTunes doesn't know what to do.

I'm thinking it's just the battery drained, after all that syncing then not letting it sit plugged in for a while. At least I'm hoping. These ipods can't really die that damn quick can they?