PDA

View Full Version : Gates demos "Longhorn"

MacBytes
Oct 27, 2003, 02:46 PM
Category: Microsoft
Link: Gates demos "Longhorn" (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031027/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_longhorn_dc_2)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

mainstreetmark
Oct 27, 2003, 04:37 PM
"A demonstration of WinFS featured a method to "stack" documents by author in a window, with the heights of the stacks corresponding to the number of documents, as well as file views that showed snapshots of documents, rather than just file names."

You just have to respect such original thinking and innovation.

MrMacMan
Oct 27, 2003, 04:55 PM
Can *anyone* tell me why this is gonna take so long to make?

Anyone?

:confused:

Blaaze
Oct 27, 2003, 05:53 PM
wow, he's beginning to look very old. Then again, so is stevey.

mac15
Oct 27, 2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah but steve had charisma on stage, bill stand behind a little booth leaning on his belly

jZilla
Oct 27, 2003, 06:36 PM
"or the next generation of software, Gates promised software advances like speech recognition and synthesis, integrated telephone services and better graphics."

Er, why would anyone wait until 2006 to get that when we have it now?

Insane.

Joke OS from a joke company IMO....

wdlove
Oct 28, 2003, 11:03 AM
I also find it amazing that Bill Gates is announcing Longhorn now and the Beta not due till second half 2004. The really amazing part is that the final version will not be released till 2006. Wonder is they need to borrow for form Apple?

nagromme
Oct 28, 2003, 01:33 PM
CNN.com had a big story on the Longhorn demo yesterday--and not a PEEP about Panther in any regard. iTunes Windows still had a story in the Tech section--about Apple fixing bugs--but nothing about an ACTUAL OS--Panther, on the whole Tech page (much less mentioned in the Longhorn article--and you know Longhorn would have been mentioned in a Panther article).

Most amusingly, the Longhorn article strongly implied that Longhorn is NOW in beta, and could be released as soon as 3 months from now, or a year at the latest!

Great journalism.

chewbaccapits
Oct 28, 2003, 05:01 PM
gates is doing this to steal Apple's thunder....I mean all I've been reading and hearing lately is MS's lawsuits and security holes, while Apple has been sticking it to all these "analyst"with iTunes MS and now the panther release...MS sucks..period.