Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Hello.

I need to write a C program using real time signals (as per the POSIX 1003.1b specification). I assumed that leopard would support it since it is fully UNIX 03 compliant, but I can't find information about it (sigqueue(), SIGRTMIN, SIGRTMAX, etc.).

Am I missing something or are real time signals not implemented in leopard (are they even in the UNIX 03 specification) ?

Thanks.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Hello.

I need to write a C program using real time signals (as per the POSIX 1003.1b specification). I assumed that leopard would support it since it is fully UNIX 03 compliant, but I can't find information about it (sigqueue(), SIGRTMIN, SIGRTMAX, etc.).

Am I missing something or are real time signals not implemented in leopard (are they even in the UNIX 03 specification) ?

Thanks.

A quick google search finds the following quote:

"sigqueue() is part of the Realtime Signals Extension, which is optional. "

ntux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
A quick google search finds the following quote:

"sigqueue() is part of the Realtime Signals Extension, which is optional. "

It was optional in the UNIX 02 specification, but I thought I read somewhere that it was included in the final IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 spec. I might be wrong though.

I guess the only way to find out is to search in the final spec (damn registration).

EDIT: You were right, they're still optional.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.