Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
skeptical

i checked out what i could from their website and 888# and it just makes me uneasy. they are upfront about being presellers( selling items they don't actually have yet) and that might be the delay. their prices on the dual 1Ghz are too good which makes me a little skeptical of their ability to actually fill the order.

any company that has a prompt for "check refund status" on their voicemail is also suspect in my book.

also, if they hold your money for 60 days then give you a refund-they've made 60 days worth of interest on YOUR money. if they do that with enough customers they could make some serious $$$ without ever shipping an order.

please keep us posted on these guys.:confused:

jameshays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2002
Well, a few hours after I made this post, I received this email from JC Morris:

"Dear James:

J.C. Morris & Company has attempted to provide our customers with excellent service and products; however this has been hampered by certain known and unknown individuals attacking our company on a personal level with threats and innuendo.

J.C. Morris & Company’s Terms & Conditions outline certain factors which customers must agree to before they are permitted to order from our company.

While J.C. Morris & Company’s image is tarnished, our sprit, our determination, and our drive are not.

The damage caused to our company exceeds $500K, and we do not take this lightly. We will take action in the name of justice. Thus, we are seeking protection in the United States Bankruptcy Courts to protect our company from additional damages, and to stabilize our company. We are seeking reorganization and not closing our doors.

We are also filing a libel lawsuit seeking damages against individuals whose statements are not factual but accusatory, libel, and slanderous.

Our approach is being direct to your inquiry. If you are awaiting a refund will we adhere to the United States Bankruptcy Code.

If you are waiting for your shipment, we must follow the Trustee and you will be notified by our attorneys at the first of the week of our intent and direction.

If you are a named Defendant in our libel action you will not receive any additional communication from our company directly. If your inquiry is neutral, our position will remain neutral as well. Our goal is to work with you and we will be happy to speak with you directly, if you would like us to, please provide your name and phone number.

Under advice of our legal counsel, this is all the information we can provide at this time

Sincerely,
J.C. Morris & Company"

Looks like I'm a bit screwed. I'm not even sure if yahoo will honor their $750 guarantee on this one.
:mad:

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
i just wanted to ask you if you ordered the imac 800?
Well if you did, didn't you realize it was $300 below the list price, and the shipping weight was 80 pounds.

jameshays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2002
Actually, I ordered the imac 800 on a 'special promotion' which was 40% off retail. This was right before the lcd price hike so my total with shipping was $1147. I thought I really had an amazing deal going on.

The only reason I even bought from these guys is they were recommended by a guy on ebay I bought a new ibook from. They had a good rating on Yahoo and I jumped a little too soon. All the guy told me was that they take forever to ship. Well, for 40% off, I was willing to wait...I'm still waiting.

jameshays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2002
If the margins are keystone (50%), then JC Morris would have made 10% for doing nothing. They had the money up front from me, and supposedly it was shipped directly. It seemed a little too good of a deal yes, but I did have that recommendation from someone I had just sent a $1400 check for a new ibook. (Yes, I did receive that)

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Originally posted by jameshays
Actually, I ordered the imac 800 on a 'special promotion' which was 40% off retail. This was right before the lcd price hike so my total with shipping was $1147. I thought I really had an amazing deal going on. [...] Well, for 40% off, I was willing to wait...I'm still waiting.
40% off of a new product? When the margins are half that? Did that not strike you as being squarely in the middle of that fabled "too good to be true" area? I sure hope you have time left to take it up with your credit card company... or you are just plain screwed.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
wow, that sucks.

i had a few recent ebay problems with studio displays being messed up, but the people took them back for a refund.... well, one person did. the second one is still in shipment. i don't nkow how that one will turn out

good luck with that... too good to be true indeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.