Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Just to get a feel from other people on the board, what are you guys currently doing with your BD/HDDVD rips in the .mkv format? I have so many that I want to encode so badly, but with this whole thing with VisualHub only supporting .mov for the 5.1 audio is kinda sketchy for me. Is .mov ok for this, or should I keep to .mp4? I need to use MetaX to tag all these. But what are you guys doing about this issue, b/c I know its more than me

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
Just to get a feel from other people on the board, what are you guys currently doing with your BD/HDDVD rips in the .mkv format? I have so many that I want to encode so badly, but with this whole thing with VisualHub only supporting .mov for the 5.1 audio is kinda sketchy for me. Is .mov ok for this, or should I keep to .mp4? I need to use MetaX to tag all these. But what are you guys doing about this issue, b/c I know its more than me

For now I'm just using 'Crazi Video Converter' to convert them to 480P Apple TV files. I know it is a waste, but the rips look better than from a DVD rip still.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.