Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I recently downloaded the alarm.app from this site: http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#LEDBanner.app

it's supposed to be used with the iphone speakers to be a loud alarm to ward of muggers or something. Anyway, i installed it on my ipod touch and after using it, the max volume on my ipod touch was raised exponentially. before, when i played music at max volume through my headphones, it was at a comfortable volume. Now when i play music at max volume, i almost go deaf! my old max volume on my touch is now only half of the total volume my touch is capable of. is there any way to put a limit back on my ipod touch's volume? thx!

joekix

macrumors 6502
I recently downloaded the alarm.app from this site: http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#LEDBanner.app

it's supposed to be used with the iphone speakers to be a loud alarm to ward of muggers or something. Anyway, i installed it on my ipod touch and after using it, the max volume on my ipod touch was raised exponentially. before, when i played music at max volume through my headphones, it was at a comfortable volume. Now when i play music at max volume, i almost go deaf! my old max volume on my touch is now only half of the total volume my touch is capable of. is there any way to put a limit back on my ipod touch's volume? thx!

why don't you just turn it down?

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
why don't you just turn it down?

well, sometimes the touch's volume slider skips jumps and that split second of loud music is enough to get my ears ringing. i just want to get my ipod touch back to status quo. i heard the regionalvolumelimit.plist can be edited but how does one edit plists?

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
before, when i played music at max volume through my headphones, it was at a comfortable volume. Now when i play music at max volume, i almost go deaf!
At max volume it should never have been comfortable to begin with. A comfortable volume should have been anywhere between 1/2 and 3/4's of the volume slider. If you could go full max before then I have to question the quality of your headphones or your ears.

Pronoun

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2008
You can use the "Property List Editor.app" Application, if you have Developer Tools install on your Mac. If not you can open it in Text Wrangler or any text editor, it is only a text file.

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008

Settings > Music > Volume Limit

Tyris

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2008
To ward off muggers eh? :D :D
About as useful as dialing 911 when you need help RIGHT NOW not 10 minutes after the mugging.

I prefer a handgun to ward off muggers :p

-T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.