PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Bamboo

Topher15
Feb 23, 2008, 06:39 PM
I planning on getting my first tablet and at the moment am only interested in a cheap one (around <50). Price wise the Bamboo is okay although apparently it is designed for general input tasks rather than graphics. Anyone used this with Photoshop? Will it suffice?

djejrejk
Feb 23, 2008, 06:57 PM
I planning on getting my first tablet and at the moment am only interested in a cheap one (around <50). Price wise the Bamboo is okay although apparently it is designed for general input tasks rather than graphics. Anyone used this with Photoshop? Will it suffice?

I saw a video on DL.TV with Alex Lyndsay (Pixel Corps)... he recommended it for a travel tablet. He used it for photoshop and other work in OSX with no problems.

I have not used one personally, but I hear great things about WACOM.

Techguy172
Feb 23, 2008, 07:17 PM
I don't know how good the Bamboo is but Maybe you should get a used Graphire that's what I use and it works quite well in Photoshop.

jerryrock
Feb 23, 2008, 07:30 PM
Here is a quick feature comparison of the Wacom tablet line:

bntz313
Feb 23, 2008, 07:48 PM
Try ebay. I just bought a Intuos2 tablet from cascade asset mgmt for 150, I got it and was like brand new. So that might be a good bet to go with if you want something better but cheap also

notnek
Feb 23, 2008, 11:52 PM
I use a Bamboo Medium Tablet for Photoshop and Illustrator. Works great with Leopard. It's a decent table. Great price for what it does though.

fluidedge
Feb 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
i use the bamboo for photoshop and maya. it's great. it would be nice to have a bigger space (it's only A6), say A5 wide, but for <50 you can't say anything bad about it.

JE-Illustration
Feb 25, 2008, 06:46 PM
From what I read(and I could be wrong) the Bamboo "Fun" is what took the place of the old Graphires. And the plain Bamboo is a less expensive model. My wife made me buy an Intuos3. I've never used a tablet before... and I yet to dabbling into this one. I played around with it in corel painter and didn't quite grasp it yet... I drew a bit in photoshop and did a little better.