PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 Advert Music

maximile
Oct 27, 2003, 04:30 PM
Hello there,

I hope that this is the right place to find what I am looking for. A few years ago, when the PowerBook G4 was relatively new, Apple released a ten-minute informational advert about it. If anybody can remember it, I'd really appreciate it if somebody can tell me a bit about the music. Artist and title would be great, but if I just found out what style or genre it would be classified as that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Max

buseman
Oct 28, 2003, 04:47 PM
Minus 8 - Snowblind, found on the "Elysian Fields" album. Not on ITMS™

Saaby
Nov 15, 2003, 05:44 PM
I'm actually trying to assemble a collection of all the Music Apple has used as of recent.

*SEVERAL* songs are used on the G4 advert. The only two I have been able to identify are "What a Wonderful World" by Joey Ramone (Not on iTMS) and the main title theme from "American President" (Not on iTMS)

From the G5 Keynote intro we have Fat Boy Slim's Weapon of Choice (Not on iTMS) and "Right Here Right Now", also not on iTMS.

Anybody else noticing a theme here??

railthinner
Nov 21, 2003, 11:43 AM
ITMS is missing a LOT of cool music. And it will take time to add it. Hopefully they're thorough and pump up the effort and don't limit the type of artist or label they're willing to carry.

I really hope someone at Apple follows Amazons model for what they're doing with books. (read here: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.12/amazon.html ) and applies it to music.

Imagine: all music made ever, available to everyone from everywhere. All Indie, all everything. Millions upon millions of cds and artists should be the goal.

Think about this quote in particular and apply it to ITMS and music:

"If I have 100,000 books that sell one copy every other year," says Steve Kessel, an Amazon VP, "then in 10 years I've sold more of these, together, than I have of the latest Harry Potter."

maximile
Jan 26, 2005, 07:47 AM
Wow, long time no see.

Well, thanks for your help, and I checked out Snowblind. Great track, but I have just found that the one I was looking for was Rain Dance by Karl Jenkins / Adiemus.

It's so good! You know how it is when you find an artist, and you just know that there is going to be so much else that is going to be great... :)

Imagine how I felt when I came across it on iTMS :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks. Check Karl Jenkins out if you're into New Age stuff.