PDA

View Full Version : All your avatars are belong to us

xUKHCx
Feb 24, 2008, 09:12 PM
What makes MacRumors (apart from the obvious)? The forums and what makes the forums? The posters.

What I have done here is recreate the MacRumors icon with a collage of all the avatars that people use and I choose this to show the interplay/relationship between people on the forum.

So pull out your magnify glasses and try and spot yourself.

edit: Put a new one up for the contest which is the first attachment but kept the original (second) for continuity sake.

iMpathetic
Feb 24, 2008, 09:16 PM
Every single person's avatar? Is mine on there????

Can we get a larger version, O great mod? :D

benlangdon
Feb 24, 2008, 09:16 PM
What makes MacRumors (apart from the obvious)? The forums and what makes the forums? The posters.

What I have done here is recreate the MacRumors icon with a collage of all the avatars that people use and I choose this to show the interplay/relationship between people on the forum.

put bigger file

xUKHCx
Feb 24, 2008, 09:21 PM
Every single person's avatar? Is mine on there????

Can we get a larger version, O great mod? :D

Every single avatar as on 10am 24th Feb UK time.

The larger version is way too big to put up on here. I need to wait for an update on the program I used before making the large version.

Flyer0815
Feb 24, 2008, 09:23 PM
That is an awesome concept and a great idea.

iMpathetic
Feb 24, 2008, 09:26 PM

The larger version is way too big to put up on here. I need to wait for an update on the program I used before making the large version.

Can you PM it to me, by chance? I'm totally thinking ''wallpaper'' right now.

xUKHCx
Feb 24, 2008, 09:32 PM
Can you PM it to me, by chance? I'm totally thinking ''wallpaper'' right now.

The version I used to create that avatar is ~140MB. I will post the larger version when I get the update and do some tweaking, I was told by the developer that the issue has been fixed and to expect an update some time within a week or so from now.

if you do not mind me asking

It did make my MB suffer quite a bit, took about 40 minutes with approx. 190% CPU and ~1.6GB of RAM.

iMpathetic
Feb 24, 2008, 09:35 PM
ya same.
or email to
if you do not mind me asking, how much crack did you smoke to get this done

Slightly more than Gates did during planing of Longhorn. :D

Edit: never mind! :p

Luis
Feb 24, 2008, 09:35 PM
The version I used to create that avatar is ~140MB. I will post the larger version when I get the update and do some tweaking, I was told by the developer that the issue has been fixed and to expect an update some time within a week or so from now.

It did make my MB suffer quite a bit, took about 40 minutes with approx. 190% CPU and ~1.6GB of RAM.

Please post the big version in rapidshare or something like that, this just screams wallpaper. Great work.

Just some curiosity, exactly how many avatars are there?

xUKHCx
Feb 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
Please post the big version in rapidshare or something like that, this just screams wallpaper. Great work.

Just some curiosity, exactly how many avatars are there?

Will post once I get updates/time etc.

1245 avatars went into the mixer.

That is an awesome concept and a great idea.

A belated thank you.

Luis
Feb 24, 2008, 09:56 PM
Will post once I get updates/time etc.

Thanks.

1245 avatars went into the mixer.

EDIT: Duuh

xUKHCx
Feb 24, 2008, 10:02 PM
So 1245 x 75 = 93375, so you did a 93375x93375 pixel image?! (assuming i'm correct)

Remember it is a square so (1245^0.5)*75(ish)≈2600

However due to some technical problems the original idea had to be altered and the file is ~6000 pixels.

Luis
Feb 24, 2008, 10:06 PM
Remember it is a square so (1245^0.5)*75(ish)≈2600

Duuhh, yeah my bad.

However due to some technical problems the original idea had to be altered and the file is ~6000 pixels.

Wow. Still pretty big.

SkyBell
Feb 24, 2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah, please post the large version somewhere where we can download it.

May I suggust this (http://www.uploadengine.net/)

benlangdon
Feb 24, 2008, 10:38 PM

holy *&%^&#$(*@#&&%(#&*%(*#&)#@%$$&^*%

edesignuk
Feb 25, 2008, 03:20 AM
Great reasoning behind it, well executed. Itching to see a slightly larger version here too.

samh004
Feb 25, 2008, 03:21 AM
Nice work... I've found two to vote for already :)

sushi
Feb 25, 2008, 03:27 AM

That is so cool!

Looking forward to a DL version as others have requested.

Eraserhead
Feb 25, 2008, 04:00 AM
Guys don't attach your email addresses as they will get spammed.

Markleshark
Feb 25, 2008, 05:01 AM
Ohhhhh, nice idea.

Eagerly awaiting a large version.

.Andy
Feb 25, 2008, 05:27 AM
Awesome idea xUKHCx and nice execution :)! Can't wait to see who the bad seeds are.....;)

acearchie
Feb 25, 2008, 11:39 AM
This is great!

But surely not everyones avatar can be on there since for instance mine is blue and there is minimal blue in the logo.

There is also not a large enough ratio of red avatars to black/other coloured avatars!

How exactly did you get it all to work?

Great idea though!

Much Ado
Feb 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
Superb.

One word posts aren't allowed here, so I'll repeat myself: superb.

bartelby
That's just the logo with noise added :p;)

Seriously.
Nice job .

Peace
This is great!

But surely not everyones avatar can be on there since for instance mine is blue and there is minimal blue in the logo.

There is also not a large enough ratio of red avatars to black/other coloured avatars!

Great idea though!

Your avatar sure looks black to me.

And yes.Excellent job.

Must have been hard since people do change their avatar.Was this a snapshot type design?

Eraserhead
Feb 25, 2008, 11:57 AM
As my last post was too t3h serious, I do think its a really cool avatar. I also wouldn't mind a copy of the large version. Send me a PM for my email address (or send it through my website).

xUKHCx
Feb 25, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

This is great!

Great idea though!

Pulls out magnify glass. Yours in the green section at the top. For this version I used an 78x79 matrix with the parameters that every avatar should be used at least once and at most most 6 times. Originally I wanted to just use them once and that is what I intend to do to make the final picture however as previously said an issue with handling transparency has meant I took this route. Although I like the replication of avatars as it also shows the varying relations around this forum.

Must have been hard since people do change their avatar.Was this a snapshot type design?

It is a snapshot based on 10am (ish UK) 24th February 2008.

I think a greater person than I could develop some sort of system so that it is generated on the fly with the current avatar base.

twoodcc
Feb 25, 2008, 01:49 PM
that is pretty cool. nice job! looking forward to seeing the larger version

dsnort
Feb 25, 2008, 01:53 PM
Very nice!

You must have had some serious time to kill!!

One question: did you put ALL of silent panda's 'tars in there?

iBlue
Feb 26, 2008, 02:20 AM
Awesome idea!

What is the file size of the high res one? I'd love to see. (My email address can be found in your moderator control panel ;)) If it's not too massive/bandwidth drain I could probably host it for you.

xUKHCx
Feb 26, 2008, 07:54 PM
I made a slightly different version which would look better as a background

i'm still waiting on the update for my original idea but I quite like this. It is not as colourful as my previous version as I wanted to make it look as clean as possible. There are a few holes because the numbers involved don't match. Some peoples avatars are squished a bit as not everyones is 75x75 but there isn't really anything I can do about that apart from manually making the collage (I'm not that crazy)

This version only took about 10 minutes rendering time once I had found the correct size to make it however it did for some reason destroy through my ram, went up to 2.8GB of real memory. Good job I have 4GBs.

I should've said early but I have been using MozoDojo (http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/mozodojo_en.php) to create the pictures, it does have a tendancy to go a bit mental though. My prefered application is MacOSaiX (http://homepage.mac.com/knarf/MacOSaiX/) (waiting for the update). And big thanks to jsw for helping me get the avatar off macrumors through the use of automater.

Although I literally just realased I haven't been saving it properly and as such all my previous work is pretty much lost:o

I've uploaded it to here as it is still reasonably big ~ 13.5MB Any feedback/suggestion and I will try and work on a new version later on if there are any problems.

Hope this works (tried rapidshare but it went wrong, tried some other site which looked fine when I uploaded it but I followed the download link and it was full of far from appropriate ads but then saw the post by Cassie but for some reason that wasn't uploading properly so went bak to rapidshare), if it doesn't can some one post saying so so that it doesn't waste peoples time and I will try and rectify it tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the large post but as you can tell it has taken a long time to get the file on there so I have had a long time to post.

Note: I just tested it but because of the file size I went over the limit of the free account in one go so if someone who actually knows what they are doing can rehost it somewhere else that would be great. So at the moment please only try and download if you intend to rehost it. Will look into it tomorrow.

download link (http://t.edesignuk.com/cgi-bin/cgi/click.cgi?id=3) (edesignuk mirror) DOWNLOAD LINK (http://rs162.rapidshare.com/files/95236291/theshizznit.png) (Rapidshare)

If anyone has any suggestions or can help me out feel free to PM me and I will deal with it tomorrow morning after I get over the excitement of the earthquake we just had

PlaceofDis
Feb 26, 2008, 08:05 PM
Screen Capture (http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9374/picture3fm2.png)

resized jpeg (http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3958/theshizznitpc2.jpg)

resized png (http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8489/theshizznitsmallervu0.png)(original format)

original sized converted to jpeg
(http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4964/theshizznitagainxb1.jpg)

i can't promise the links will stay up, they're hosted on image shack, but they're still pretty big in file size, but its better than nothing. will play around with it more tomorrow and see what i can come up with if i can.
btw, awesome work. :)

xUKHCx
Feb 26, 2008, 08:13 PM
i can't promise the links will stay up, they're hosted on image shack, but they're still pretty big in file size, but its better than nothing. will play around with it more tomorrow and see what i can come up with if i can.
btw, awesome work. :)

Cheers for that, brilliant work. Hopefully now those who want it can have it.

Luis
Feb 26, 2008, 08:52 PM
Found my avatar :) Pretty cool, thanks for the links!

iMpathetic
Feb 26, 2008, 08:59 PM
Found my avatar :) Pretty cool, thanks for the links!

Found mine (old one) too! Near the very top cause I'm special. :)

Luis
Feb 26, 2008, 09:00 PM

Riiightt :p

Reflow
Feb 26, 2008, 09:10 PM
That is GREAT work..... Wish I had time to do this..

Victor ch
Feb 26, 2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks, awesome job! I wish I had an avatar... :(

Victor

xUKHCx
Feb 26, 2008, 09:16 PM

Positioning is pretty random, otherwise I wouldn't be on the second from bottom line. BV has a pretty good position. Doctor Q is snadwich between monke and OllyW in the pip section which is quite a good place to be

That is GREAT work..... Wish I had time to do this..

Cheers and in case you were wondering you are at the top, second row down second one in although you are stretched a bit so not looking so slender

Reflow
Feb 26, 2008, 09:21 PM
Cheers and in case you were wondering you are at the top, second row down second one in although you are stretched a bit so not looking so slender

Yup I found it a few mins ago. God I love her

overanalyzer
Feb 26, 2008, 09:25 PM

Too bad I still haven't gotten around to picking/making an avatar. Guess I'm excluded from the composite. :( Somehow I doubt I or anyone else will be able to tell, though :rolleyes:

EDIT: BTW, this kind of reminds me of the whole pixel ad thing....

SkyBell
Feb 26, 2008, 09:32 PM
I'm on the far left. :)

Great job!

iBlue
Feb 27, 2008, 01:16 AM
brilliant!

I mirrored it here (http://t.edesignuk.com/cgi-bin/cgi/click.cgi?id=2) in case ImageShack's bandwidth restriction limits the image downloads.

edesignuk
Feb 27, 2008, 01:52 AM
DOWNLOAD LINK (http://rs162.rapidshare.com/files/95236291/theshizznit.png)Very nice :cool:

Regular HTTP download link (http://t.edesignuk.com/cgi-bin/cgi/click.cgi?id=3) (4950x4576 - ~13MB), none of this rapidshare nonsense ;)

Markleshark
Feb 27, 2008, 04:13 AM
Ace. Found Jezza. Nice one. :D

xUKHCx
Feb 27, 2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks to everyone who has put up a mirror :)

Very nice :cool:

Regular HTTP download link (4950x4576 - ~13MB), none of this rapidshare nonsense ;)

Your server is pretty darn quick. :cool:

edesignuk
Feb 27, 2008, 04:59 AM
Your server is pretty darn quick. :cool:ASO hosting, I loves 'em.

Feel free to edit your post to use this rather than the rapidshare link :)

Blue Velvet
Feb 27, 2008, 05:31 AM
BV has a pretty good position

No surprise; I have many good positions. ;)

Great idea, really nice job, and very well put together. I'm not sure if I can impartially vote for a fellow mod though. :p

DoFoT9
Feb 27, 2008, 05:52 AM

Regular HTTP download link (http://t.edesignuk.com/cgi-bin/cgi/click.cgi?id=3) (4950x4576 - ~13MB), none of this rapidshare nonsense ;)

dang the image made my safari freeze for the whole time while the image downloaded. thanks for it but!!!

very awsome image, (im at the very end (right side) of the thickest part of the left side) woooo

sushi
Feb 27, 2008, 06:06 AM
This is so cool.

Saw many familiar avatars. Very nicely put together.

iMpathetic
Feb 27, 2008, 06:24 AM
Unfortunately, still can't use it as my wallpaper because white backgrounds just don't work on Thinkpads. :(

GREAT work though! (BTW, this is the first time I've seen three consecutive mod posts outside of closing down flame wars. :p)

iBlue
Feb 27, 2008, 06:44 AM
Unfortunately, still can't use it as my wallpaper because white backgrounds just don't work on Thinkpads. :(

What the screen resolution? maybe I'll put a black background on it for you. ;)

...(BTW, this is the first time I've seen three consecutive mod posts outside of closing down flame wars. :p)
why? they're members just like the rest of us.

xUKHCx
Feb 27, 2008, 07:43 AM
I thought it was transparent so you could put it on any background, that is why I used png. Is this not preserved?

iBlue
Feb 27, 2008, 07:46 AM
I thought it was transparent so you could put it on any background, that is why I used png. Is this not preserved?
it might just default to white on a thinkpad once it is selected for wallpaper. (?)

Ish
Feb 27, 2008, 10:58 AM
Must have cost you a fortune in royalties!!! :D:D:D

hehe ... but you can use mine for free! :)

cbrain
Feb 27, 2008, 12:19 PM
Can't find mine...:(

At the time it was:

xUKHCx
Feb 27, 2008, 12:24 PM
Can't find mine...:(

It is actually your current one.

From the left it is the 10th coloumn 5 up.

Every time some one posts I panic incase theirs isn't in there.

In reasonably good company

acearchie
Feb 27, 2008, 01:47 PM
It is actually your current one.

From the left it is the 10th coloumn 5 up.

Every time some one posts I panic incase theirs isn't in there.

In reasonably good company

so how exactly does the automator function work that got all the pics anyway? Im curios to know!

Jaffa Cake
Feb 27, 2008, 01:53 PM
Heh, I see me. :p

A fantastic idea well executed, this.

lofight
Feb 27, 2008, 01:58 PM
Really nice idea!! love it! I still haven't found mine.. :(

techlover828
Feb 27, 2008, 02:01 PM
I can't find mine! And I've been looking, somebody help!

PlaceofDis
Feb 27, 2008, 02:04 PM
Really nice idea!! love it! I still haven't found mine.. :(

second to last row, six in.

lofight
Feb 27, 2008, 02:04 PM

second to last row, six in.
EDIT: i've been helped :p thanks!!

PlaceofDis
Feb 27, 2008, 02:05 PM

counting from the bottom upwards: row sixteen, second in.

techlover828
Feb 27, 2008, 02:08 PM
counting from the bottom upwards: row sixteen, second in.

I'm not seeing it

PlaceofDis
Feb 27, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'm not seeing it

no? on this capture, second row down, second in.

techlover828
Feb 27, 2008, 02:15 PM
no? on this capture, second row down, second in.

thank you, don't know why I couldn't find that.

Much Ado
Feb 27, 2008, 02:15 PM
Would it be too much to suggest that this design become the new MR logo? It's the same shape etc. but highlights the community that makes this site what it is.

Updating it would be a pain, though...

PlaceofDis
Feb 27, 2008, 02:17 PM
Would it be too much to suggest that this design become the new MR logo? It's the same shape etc. but highlights the community that makes this site what it is.

updating it would be a huge pain. but its is an awesome idea.

hey, xUKHCx, any chance at seeing the original in a larger size?

lofight
Feb 27, 2008, 02:18 PM
updating it would be a huge pain. but its is an awesome idea.

why would updating be a huge pain?

PlaceofDis
Feb 27, 2008, 02:20 PM
why would updating be a huge pain?

have to pull all the 'tars again from the servers, because people change them all the time. and new people put up avatars once they are eligible, and some people take theirs down. etc.

not to mention creating the image takes a good chunk of processing. it'd create a lot of unneeded server load.

lofight
Feb 27, 2008, 02:21 PM
have to pull all the 'tars again from the servers, because people change them all the time. and new people put up avatars once they are eligible, and some people take theirs down. etc.

not to mention creating the image takes a good chunk of processing. it'd create a lot of unneeded server load.

oh i understand, i misunderstond the idea, i thought it was the idea to take the picture now and make it THE logo of macrumors.com

Much Ado
Feb 27, 2008, 02:24 PM
oh i understand, i misunderstond the idea, i thought it was the idea to take the picture now and make it THE logo of macrumors.com

It was, but it would need to be updated regularly to take account of changing avatars. Maybe each Quarter? It would be such a fantastic concept.

Regardless, I like it. By the way.

lofight
Feb 27, 2008, 02:26 PM
It was, but it would need to be updated regularly to take account of changing avatars. Maybe each Quarter? It would be such a fantastic concept.

Regardless, I like it. By the way.
oh i get it, that's something for the far future!!

edesignuk
Feb 27, 2008, 03:10 PM

Regular HTTP download link (http://t.edesignuk.com/cgi-bin/cgi/click.cgi?id=3) (4950x4576 - ~13MB), none of this rapidshare nonsense ;);)

PlaceofDis
Feb 27, 2008, 04:11 PM
;)

um yeah, i have that one, i resized and posted links, remember?

i'm talking about the one in the first post.

xUKHCx
Feb 27, 2008, 07:19 PM
so how exactly does the automator function work that got all the pics anyway? Im curios to know!

It basically uses the built in demo workflow to download images from a website and is feed urls which relate to the members list it get some extra files but these are filtered out afterwards

Not really my place to say but thanks for the ego boost.

Well if someone wants to donate a Mac Pro I'd keep it upto date. It really wouldn't take long to do once it is all set up correctly and with a little server side support would be pretty simple to do. After all at the moment the time spent on this is mainly due to figuring out the program and its weaknesses.

um yeah, i have that one, i resized and posted links, remember?

i'm talking about the one in the first post.

I thought the way I was saving them would allow me to tweak them a bit but when I went to open it it is all skew-wiff so it is lost. I prefer this design though and I seem to get a lot more predictable results out of it this way so it takes a lot less time to alter the image. Is there any specific reason why you want the one from the first post.

PlaceofDis
Feb 27, 2008, 07:22 PM
I thought the way I was saving them would allow me to tweak them a bit but when I went to open it it is all skew-wiff so it is lost. I prefer this design though and I seem to get a lot more predictable results out of it this way so it takes a lot less time to alter the image. Is there any specific reason why you want the one from the first post.

ah, understand if there are issues
i just interested in how it sorted and made the coloring and such in that first one, which i though looked more 'true to form' of the logo.

xUKHCx
Feb 27, 2008, 07:28 PM
ah, understand if there are issues
i just interested in how it sorted and made the coloring and such in that first one, which i though looked more 'true to form' of the logo.

The original one posted has different properties the major one being avatars were allowed to be repeated; I think 6 times at most. Therefore the colours were easy to define. With this latest one they were only allowed to appear once so there is basically no chance that the colour can come through in a coherent manner.

PlaceofDis
Feb 27, 2008, 07:32 PM
The original one posted has different properties the major one being avatars were allowed to be repeated; I think 6 times at most. Therefore the colours were easy to define. With this latest one they were only allowed to appear once so there is basically no chance that the colour can come through in a coherent manner.

interesting, i might have to download this app and have some fun with it, sounds interesting. thanks!

xUKHCx
Feb 27, 2008, 07:38 PM
interesting, i might have to download this app and have some fun with it, sounds interesting. thanks!

it is pretty good although I prefer MacOSaiX but currently(going to change soon) it doesn't handle transparency. So all those people with transparency in their avatars would have it replaced with black which didn't lend itself to good results.

It is flaky and has crapped out on me many a time especially on my really big attempts. In case you were wondering I added a mask which was the same image and used the inverted image option. The tricky bit with this route is that the number of the matrix doesn't relate to the number of squares filled so I had to get it by trial and error. This version was 66x61 which relates to 3904 squares but only 1245 and a few spaces in the grid.

It can also get confused and give ridiculous results but a quick program restart usually shakes it.

Also depending on the options some times it can take a very long time for it to process and can use a lot of the system resources. Which makes it very frustrating when it gives you crap back. Wish it would show the development of the collage like MacOSaiX because it would soon be apparent if it was going to look halfway decent.

Perhaps I should join the waiting for Nahlem thread or whatever the next MP is going to have.

iDAG
Feb 27, 2008, 08:29 PM
Yay! I saw my avatar. :D I have no doubt that your avatar will win the contest if you ask me. :cool: It is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

joepunk
Feb 27, 2008, 08:52 PM
Wish I could bother to try to find mine but I've been staring at this computer screen for far to long now ;)

xUKHCx
Feb 28, 2008, 03:28 AM
Yay! I saw my avatar. :D I have no doubt that your avatar will win the contest if you ask me. :cool: It is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

There are some other really good ones out there and there is still time for others to be submitted but thank you.

Wish I could bother to try to find mine but I've been staring at this computer screen for far to long now ;)

Second one down in the blue bit under twodcc

benlangdon
Feb 28, 2008, 05:29 AM
wow i just read that you need 500 posts to have a avatar.

wow.

that is alot.
i have been on bimmerforums.com for 2 years and i only have 290.

i have 130.:(
no avatar:(

Consultant
Feb 28, 2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks! Was able to find mine without even zooming in (opened in photoshop).

xUKHCx, Avatars with transparencies can probably be changed to be images with gray background. Just one extra step.

For those of you that want it in a different background color,
- open in photoshop or a different graphics app
- add new layer (below existing layer)
- color new layer
- resize
- save as..

xUKHCx
Feb 28, 2008, 10:52 AM
wow i just read that you need 500 posts to have a avatar.

wow.

that is alot.
i have been on bimmerforums.com for 2 years and i only have 290.

i have 130.:(
no avatar:(

Enter the competition and if you win you get to have an avatar. There have been quite a few entries but would still like to see some more, lots more.

Just one extra step.

For those of you that want it in a different background color,
- open in photoshop or a different graphics app
- add new layer (below existing layer)
- color new layer
- resize
- save as..

That's a sharp eye you have there, I suppose the bright orange border really helps

Effort that would involve me sort out the pics and doing this to all the avatars that have transparency. MozoDojo seems to handle them well and MacOSaiX will be having it soon so it won't matter in a week or so.

benlangdon
Feb 28, 2008, 12:00 PM
Enter the competition and if you win you get to have an avatar. There have been quite a few entries but would still like to see some more, lots more.

competition?
im game.
always UP:o for a challenge

lofight
Feb 28, 2008, 12:03 PM
competition?
im game.
always down for a challenge

There's a avatar competition because of the anniversary of Macrumors.com

Consultant
Feb 28, 2008, 04:51 PM
That's a sharp eye you have there, I suppose the bright orange border really helps

Effort that would involve me sort out the pics and doing this to all the avatars that have transparency. MozoDojo seems to handle them well and MacOSaiX will be having it soon so it won't matter in a week or so.

=) Yeah the contrast for legibility makes it easy to find. On 17" MBP so the resolution is pretty good.

I am a photoshop guy. I would make a photoshop action/droplet that adds a gray background layer to image, flatten, save as loseless, say TIFF or PSD. Process all images.

Thus if the image is not transparent, it'll stay the same. If it's transparent, it'll have a background.

MacRumorUser
Feb 28, 2008, 05:08 PM
always down for a challenge

Surely your meant to be 'up' for a challenge ? If your down then you've already been defeated :o

benlangdon
Feb 28, 2008, 10:29 PM
Surely your meant to be 'up' for a challenge ? If your down then you've already been defeated :o

wow funny guyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

SkyBell
Feb 28, 2008, 10:55 PM
wow funny guyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Face it, you just got owned.:);)

benlangdon
Feb 28, 2008, 11:16 PM
Face it, you just got owned.:);)

ok ok im up to saying i was owned

Zwhaler
Mar 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
This is awesome! I found my tar, its at the upper left part of the '?' where you with start or finish your question mark, depending on how you write. You have my vote, sir!

xUKHCx
Mar 2, 2008, 05:22 AM
Just realised I haven't posted the avatar sized version of the latest effort

Here it is

I may even replace my original entry with this one as it what I was trying to do with my original idea.

On this scale the colours seem to be a lot more representative of the actual logo.

DoFoT9
Mar 2, 2008, 07:22 AM
This is awesome! I found my tar, its at the upper left part of the '?' where you with start or finish your question mark, depending on how you write. You have my vote, sir!

oh wow you just made me realise that the whole right side of the apple logo is a question mark.....

DUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH....
:rolleyes:

Osarkon
Mar 2, 2008, 08:38 AM
That is really impressive fair play.

The idea itself is brilliant. Opening the .png on my macbook sent the fans into overdrive and took about 5 minutes to open. Downloading it then took all of a second.

A good contender for the competition. :)

Hankster
Mar 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
xUKHCx: This is an excellent idea and design. There is no question you're in the lead for best avatar. Great work!

If I may ask, how did you get all the avatars? Is there a listing somewhere?

Eric Lewis
Mar 2, 2008, 10:30 AM
where is mine?

xUKHCx
Mar 2, 2008, 10:34 AM
xUKHCx: This is an excellent idea and design. There is no question you're in the lead for best avatar. Great work!

If I may ask, how did you get all the avatars? Is there a listing somewhere?

Cheers

The avatars we got using automater and the download all images from a webpage. The listing used was essentially the members list. (http://forums.macrumors.com/memberlist.php)

where is mine?

Zwhaler
Mar 2, 2008, 12:31 PM
oh wow you just made me realise that the whole right side of the apple logo is a question mark.....

DUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH....
:rolleyes:

Don't worry bout it, it happens to all of us at some point :D ;)

Eric Lewis
Mar 2, 2008, 12:33 PM
Cheers

The avatars we got using automater and the download all images from a webpage. The listing used was essentially the members list. (http://forums.macrumors.com/memberlist.php)

wow im sad..i seriously couldnt find it LOL

Zwhaler
Mar 2, 2008, 12:36 PM
xUKHCx, I like the new version very much in avatar size. I say you keep it over the original.

Whoa, here is something trippy I just thought of. Pretend that xUKHCx uses his newly created avatar as his actual avatar, and then adds that picture into the collage of avatars he has made for his entry (since the picture contains everyones avatar, it would contain his new one). then, you would have an endless picture! because his avatar has everyone elses, but it has his too, which has his again, so it would go on forver! wtf! I just confused myself! :D :confused:

xUKHCx
Mar 2, 2008, 03:25 PM
xUKHCx, I like the new version very much in avatar size. I say you keep it over the original.

I thought so too, see my first post and note the edit time

Whoa, here is something trippy I just thought of. Pretend that xUKHCx uses his newly created avatar as his actual avatar, and then adds that picture into the collage of avatars he has made for his entry (since the picture contains everyones avatar, it would contain his new one). then, you would have an endless picture! because his avatar has everyone elses, but it has his too, which has his again, so it would go on forver! wtf! I just confused myself! :D :confused:

Crazy, although I like my avatar and I think that if I used it it could cause confusion between me and arn and I wouldn't want that

Eric Lewis
Mar 2, 2008, 03:29 PM
is there a way we can download all the avators? and make our own stuff? like a contest? maybe?

xUKHCx
Mar 5, 2008, 07:02 AM
is there a way we can download all the avators? and make our own stuff? like a contest? maybe?

Various sets of instructions are littered through this thread

Should point out that blaskillet4 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=447081) has developed the idea further and is well worth checking out.

Don't panic
Mar 5, 2008, 12:24 PM
i am fairly sure mine is not there
is it only the static avatars?

PlaceofDis
Mar 5, 2008, 12:27 PM

no it grabs the animated ones too, but only one frame obviously so it might show up as black or just one of your frames depending on the grab.

xUKHCx
Mar 5, 2008, 12:29 PM

all avatars are on there but if you have an animated on I believe it picks the first slide from it so chances are yours is probably just a black square if it is the current one you have right now.

Don't panic
Mar 5, 2008, 12:39 PM
all avatars are on there but if you have an animated on I believe it picks the first slide from it so chances are yours is probably just a black square if it is the current one you have right now.

i see.

i am there incognito :cool:

xUKHCx
Mar 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
i see.

i am there incognito :cool:

Yeah you are hiding along with the likes of jsw who would also appear as just a black square.

roland.g
Mar 5, 2008, 12:57 PM
what about arn himself? I know the whole thing makes his tar. But shouldn't he be in it too, maybe at the top the stem or something?

I thought I looked fairly thoroughly and didn't find him.

xUKHCx
Mar 5, 2008, 01:05 PM
arn is in there check out the right hand side.

roland.g
Mar 5, 2008, 01:09 PM
arn is in there check out the right hand side.

gotcha, I was looking for a white background.

wordmunger
Mar 10, 2008, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure mine's not in there. It's animated but I don't have any blank screens. But it's also possible that I'm just going blind.

cbrain
Mar 10, 2008, 01:41 PM
Congratulations xUKHCx on winning the contest with this entry, it's fantastic!

Don't panic
Mar 10, 2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah you are hiding along with the likes of jsw who would also appear as just a black square.

i choose to believe that all the black squares are mine since you like my 'tar so much. :D
sorry jsw.

MacRumorUser
Apr 3, 2008, 09:14 AM
I don't think I'm on there. Been looking for a while but can't see me. :) Guess i'm incognito too :D

eluk
Apr 3, 2008, 11:15 AM
Just come across this and will add my praise to that already extolled.

Impressive.

atszyman
Apr 3, 2008, 11:35 AM
I don't think I'm on there. Been looking for a while but can't see me. :) Guess i'm incognito too :D

Is this a previous avatar of yours? I'm still working on finding wordmunger... but the transparent background along with possibly only letter outlines makes it easy to hide.

MacRumorUser
Apr 3, 2008, 04:18 PM
Is this a previous avatar of yours?

Nope.. that's not or ever has been mine. :o

Jaiden
Apr 6, 2008, 06:01 AM
there is a windows program that does exactly this, it's called Serif MontagePlus.

djstarrock
May 8, 2008, 02:08 AM
I can't seem to find my avatar?

eluk
May 8, 2008, 03:02 AM
I can't seem to find my avatar?

In the core.

Prof.
May 16, 2008, 02:05 AM
YAY!! I found me. :D

EDIT - I found me again. There's two of me :D

Digital Skunk
May 17, 2008, 09:06 PM
Booyah!!!

Nice job on this one my friend.

alphaod
Jun 2, 2008, 12:47 AM
Mine isn't on here :(

xUKHCx
Jun 3, 2008, 03:43 PM
Mine isn't on here :(

You probably didn't have an avatar way back when, in fact by your posting rate + join date you weren't even half way there so I would say that is definitely it.

bartelby
Jun 3, 2008, 03:49 PM
I gave up looking for mine...:o

xUKHCx
Jun 3, 2008, 04:04 PM
Nope.. that's not or ever has been mine. :o

If you could remember what your avatar was (or even called) that would be great as there are more than a few south park avatars.

I gave up looking for mine...:o

You are above Lord Blackadder

alphaod
Jun 3, 2008, 05:49 PM
You probably didn't have an avatar way back when, in fact by your posting rate + join date you weren't even half way there so I would say that is definitely it.

:(

penter
Aug 2, 2008, 12:00 AM

lol i caught myself before asking "how did you get all the avatars?"
But then I saw that you're a Mod. hehe
We'd all love to see a larger file, pleeeeez :)

Edit: oops, should have read down the thread! nvm.

QueenZ
Dec 9, 2008, 01:12 AM
Mine doesn't yet :D But i think it will pretty soon.. :)

japanime
Dec 12, 2008, 04:17 AM
Once upon a time my avatar appeared on my posts, but then they raised the minimum number of posts required to have an avatar, and mine disappeared. I think I'm about 250 posts short of it showing up again! (I generally only post once a week, though.)