Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al3x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hi all,

This is my very first message on this forum !

I'm using a 10.4.9 server on a G5, my FTP server is PureFTP but i am not using the admin panel of OS X, I'm using PureFTD manager so I can add virtual users, etc...

I discover a "strange" (or at least unexpected) thing. I can log to the FTP server with my os x admin login, but I never configure an account with this log and pass... I can't find this account in the PureFTD manager... the problem is that I can see all the hard disk with this ftp account...

So i would like to delete this ftp account but I don't know how to !

I hope that my english is not too bad :)

Thank you !

Aussie John

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2004
Hi all,

This is my very first message on this forum !

I'm using a 10.4.9 server on a G5, my FTP server is PureFTP but i am not using the admin panel of OS X, I'm using PureFTD manager so I can add virtual users, etc...

I discover a "strange" (or at least unexpected) thing. I can log to the FTP server with my os x admin login, but I never configure an account with this log and pass... I can't find this account in the PureFTD manager... the problem is that I can see all the hard disk with this ftp account...

So i would like to delete this ftp account but I don't know how to !

I hope that my english is not too bad :)

Thank you !
If I understand you correctly, cant you use the Workgroup Manager to delete the account?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi all,

I discover a "strange" (or at least unexpected) thing. I can log to the FTP server with my os x admin login, but I never configure an account with this log and pass... I can't find this account in the PureFTD manager.

This is a feature not a bug. By default users get "chrooted" except users in a "trusted" group. If you don't like this configuration you may have to abandon the graphic manager and edit the start up file. I would not recommend deleteing the admin account from your server or changing its group.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.