PDA

View Full Version : Macbook seems sluggish :(

babond
Feb 25, 2008, 10:03 PM
So I guess it didn't dawn on me till i tried opening garageband today and the guitar bounces 51 times before the application opens. i then tried opening all of the application (minus garageband and imovie) at once and it didn't seem as responsive and quick as the day i got it about 3 months ago. its the newest macbook released and has 2gb of ram. i really love my macbook but i can't understand what would make it so sluggish...only thing i've really done is surf the web and download torrents on occasion.

also is it normal for istatpro to only register 260mb of memory?

brandnb
Feb 26, 2008, 01:32 AM
hmm that doesnt seem right. If istat is only picking uo 266mb of ram than that would definintly be your problem, how much ram did you get to begin with? Couple of options could be A. a memory bay died B. a memory stick died or C. something else with the logic board.. Did this all of sudden start happening?

babond
Feb 26, 2008, 10:08 PM
well my istatpro keeps changing right now it reads

wired: 276mb
active: 600mb
inactive: 58mb
free: 1.07gb

is that normal? also on another forum other people said garage band takes a long time to open since the 10.5.2 update.....anyone else experiencing this?

mrtune
Feb 26, 2008, 10:12 PM
Garageband takes forever too load for me to. It was fine until I updated to 10.5.2, and that's when it started happening. I have a 2.2 Macbook w/ 4GB of ram. 10.5.2 caused more problems for me than it did fixing bugs.

Everything else starts up normal. Don't worry, you're not alone.

Mercuric Oxide
Feb 26, 2008, 10:35 PM
well my istatpro keeps changing right now it reads

wired: 276mb
active: 600mb
inactive: 58mb
free: 1.07gb

is that normal? also on another forum other people said garage band takes a long time to open since the 10.5.2 update.....anyone else experiencing this?

Your memory is fine. All the above total to about 2 GB of ram. You have 1 GB of ram not being used, so that's not the issue.

Anyway, I just opened Garage Band on my 2008 Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz 6GB RAM, and it "bounced" (i guess it's a flashing blue light in leopard) 23 times. So this indicates that it's a Garage Band issue.