View Full Version : Return Policy

Udinpetot
Feb 26, 2008, 05:56 AM
so
has any1 ever done it before?
i was thinking of returning my blackbok 1 bought less than 2 weeks ago
IF the new macbook is coming soon..

1 question..
so u need to give them all the stuff u get?
coz i left my box in the country i bought...

Tallest Skil
Feb 26, 2008, 05:57 AM
The box doesn't matter, because if you've opened it you pay 10% restocking, anyway.

Udinpetot
Feb 26, 2008, 06:04 AM
so you only give the macbook?
with no box and stuff?
have u done this before?
if this is true, and the new macbook is coming within few hours
THESE ARE GOOD NEWS

Udinpetot
Feb 26, 2008, 07:51 AM
so...
no multitouch trackpad on the new macbook?
hmph..
is it worth refunding my 2 week old blacbook for a new one?

so i still have some question regarding the return policy
i bought my macbook overseas, and if i want to return.., do i get money back?, or i can only exchange with another product? or what?
has any1 ever dones this before?

thechef
Feb 26, 2008, 08:11 AM
I just got off the phone with Apple. They have agreed to replace my 6 day old MacBook 2.0ghz with the new 2.1ghz 120gb model.

Mine was opened obviously but I don't have to pay any fees! :D

I would suggest you give them a call to see what they say. I live in the UK btw.

Udinpetot
Feb 26, 2008, 08:24 AM
so...
whats it like?
is the item ready?
do u have to bring all your boxes and stuff to the store?
coz i left mine in the country i bought :(
im gona call apple later on..
its still 1:24 am in the morning
heheheh

iCeFuSiOn
Feb 26, 2008, 08:36 AM
I just got off the phone with Apple. They have agreed to replace my 6 day old MacBook 2.0ghz with the new 2.1ghz 120gb model.

Mine was opened obviously but I don't have to pay any fees! :D

I would suggest you give them a call to see what they say. I live in the UK btw.
Good to hear that Apple is going to do that for you :)

coreguy
Feb 26, 2008, 08:38 AM
Here is a question: Do all areas share the same policy?

I got one MBP last Thurday in Hong Kong and only used it for a few hours then repacked (well, purchased for a friend, whole things are still neat like brand new).

I wonder whether I could replace the old for the new without extra fees.

Dorv
Feb 26, 2008, 08:48 AM
My Blackbook is only about three weeks old, but I got it from Best Buy.

(I've already upgraded the memory to 4 gigs, and my 320 gig hard drive is in the bag waiting for me to get home from a trip to install)...

I'm not sure what kind of exchange options I have with Best Buy, but I'm not sure its worth it just for the processor... What are the advantages of the new processor?

MacBookJoePro
Feb 26, 2008, 10:50 AM
My Blackbook is only about three weeks old, but I got it from Best Buy.

(I've already upgraded the memory to 4 gigs, and my 320 gig hard drive is in the bag waiting for me to get home from a trip to install)...

I'm not sure what kind of exchange options I have with Best Buy, but I'm not sure its worth it just for the processor... What are the advantages of the new processor?

I know BestBuy's policy is 15% restocking fee if the item has been opened. But since you got it 3 weeks ago I don't think that they will be able to exchange it for you since the return policy for laptops is 14 days. I would probably suggests explaining yourself to whoever you think is the nicest manager there. They are they only ones that can override the 14 day return policy for you. Raise some hell or complain that something doesn't work on your macbook and then ask for an exchange.

-JoE

Dorv
Feb 26, 2008, 01:43 PM
I guess my question is it worth the hassle?