PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the BlackBook

agilekyle
Feb 26, 2008, 08:44 AM
With an ever increasing need for portability, I have decided to sell my 24 inch iMac and purchase a notebook. I have almost settled on the black Macbook, but I have a few questions. Any information will be much appreciated.

1) Is the fading in the palm rests still a problem? Is it prominent? I haven't heard anything about this in almost a year.

2) Is there any reduction in video quality when powering a 23" Cinema Display?

3) What is the max resolution for an external monitor? I seem to be having trouble finding this.

4) Are you happy with your Macbook?

Thanks once again for any help.

xraydoc
Feb 26, 2008, 04:01 PM
With an ever increasing need for portability, I have decided to sell my 24 inch iMac and purchase a notebook. I have almost settled on the black Macbook, but I have a few questions. Any information will be much appreciated.

1) Is the fading in the palm rests still a problem? Is it prominent? I haven't heard anything about this in almost a year.

3) What is the max resolution for an external monitor? I seem to be having trouble finding this.

Thanks once again for any help.

1) I can't speak about the fading in the palm rest area as I haven't had mine very long at all, but I do tend to keep it clean (wipe it with screen wipes every couple days - keeps the smudge marks to a minimum).

2) Running an external display is not a problem; DVI video is crystal clear. I often plug mine into a 24" LG 246W at home and a 20" NEC multisync at work.

3) 1920x1200 is max DVI resolution supported on an external monitor. Not sure what the analog (VGA) resolution is, but its likely a slight bit higher.

4) Very happy. I get complements on it all the time at work. Most non-Apple folks haven't seen too many black Mac laptops (if ever), so I get a lot of comments.

AlexanderTgreat
Feb 26, 2008, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=agilekyle;5041486]With an ever increasing need for portability, I have decided to sell my 24 inch iMac and purchase a notebook. I have almost settled on the black Macbook, but I have a few questions. Any information will be much appreciated.

Yes they seem to be as do the cracking palm rests
not that I have noticed

I've had a number of issue's and I have only had my macbook 4 months so I'd have to say no