PDA

View Full Version : Apple online store return policy...

Sweenona
Feb 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
I know this is probably a no, but I bought customized Macbook online last Tuesday (Black Macbook, 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gigs of Ram, 250 Gig HD) and received it yesterday morning. I got the Macbook instead of the Macbook Pro because I was tired of waiting and didn't want to have another Apple product that I just bought update right away (this is the third time). I'm thinking of returning this Macbook and getting a new 2.4 Ghz Black Macbook.

My question is does Apple's 14 day return policy not apply to me because I customized it at the store? And if I can return it, would I have to ship it back or could I return it at my local Apple store? Thanks for your help.

dejo
Feb 26, 2008, 11:33 AM
The Apple Store has your answer:
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#topic-20

Please note that Apple does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:

Product that is custom configured to your specifications, including personalized products

machspeed5
Feb 26, 2008, 11:40 AM
sucks to lose patience. :(
i know you dont wanna hear it but.....shoulda waited ;)

canoejohn
Feb 26, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hi Sweenona

Are you in the US or the UK? If you are in the UK you are in luck as Apple will take back Configured-to-Order hardware (except engraved Ipods). See this page for details:

http://promo.euro.apple.com/promo/help/uk/consumer/rma_stepbystep.html

I too just bought a Macbook last week - although mine is a standard config. I've already arranged for it to be taken back and have ordered a new 2.4ghz one today.

What I've been trying to find out without luck is how strict the returns people are - my Macbook is in perfect condition, etc but there are a couple of tiny scuffs on the bottom of it. I don't know if this will cause any issues.

Best of luck.

ivianr
Feb 26, 2008, 04:45 PM
Hey,
I bought a mackbook pro two days back in San Jose and saw the news that Apple has upgraded the config from today. When I called Apple store person, he informed me that I need to pay 10% 'stocking fee' to return this and buy a new one. Is that true? do I need to pay 10%?

thanks,
Ivian

iPhil
Feb 26, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hey,
I bought a mackbook pro two days back in San Jose and saw the news that Apple has upgraded the config from today. When I called Apple store person, he informed me that I need to pay 10% 'stocking fee' to return this and buy a new one. Is that true? do I need to pay 10%?

thanks,
Ivian

Yes .. if it's has been opened...

Sweenona
Feb 26, 2008, 06:31 PM
sucks to lose patience. :(
i know you dont wanna hear it but.....shoulda waited ;)

I wasn't being impatient, the Macbook wasn't supposed to update for months. I was just unlucky.

unixufan
Jun 16, 2009, 02:07 AM
Hey,

thanks,
Ivian

totally. however, I do hear some people can exchange their UMP for MBP 13 with no extra cost, not even 10% restocking fee. Well, I guess it all depends on who you are speaking to and how your negotiation is.