PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding sending iPod Breakout score...

King Cobra
Apr 30, 2002, 07:32 PM
The KING has set a new iPod Breakout record score: 1653

However, I want to send the information to
http://www.applestudentdevelopers.org/features/iPodContest/index.php

Can I enter if I am not an Apple Student Developer? The site does not clearly state.

dualburn001
Apr 30, 2002, 08:05 PM
The website says:

Rules
Anyone can enter.

----------------------------------------------
so go for it.

King Cobra
Apr 30, 2002, 08:07 PM
Cool.

Here is the photo folks.

I am officially, a King.

Then again someone could beat the record... :)

jelloshotsrule
Apr 30, 2002, 08:26 PM
how long did that take?

just doesn't seem worth it to me...

macstudent
Apr 30, 2002, 08:26 PM
Thats one hell of a big picture you have there. Could you please shrink it down for us next time?

thanks

King Cobra
Apr 30, 2002, 08:31 PM
The whole thing lasted around an hour and a half to two hours.

And, I know, the picture is a little big, and I do not mean to insult the people with dial-up (including Yours Truly), but I used the Least Quality .jpeg export under Appleworks and I could not get the picture any smaller.

My fault on that guys. But it is real.

Any time is a great time for iPod.

chmorley
Apr 30, 2002, 08:54 PM
I can't even imagine having that much free time. You're in college. Why didn't you have sex instead? Much better use of time!

Chris

jelloshotsrule
Apr 30, 2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
And, I know, the picture is a little big, and I do not mean to insult the people with dial-up (including Yours Truly), but I used the Least Quality .jpeg export under Appleworks and I could not get the picture any smaller.

My fault on that guys. But it is real.

seems like a waste of time to me...

you could've resized the picture. that, more than file size, is what was a bit of a pain

King Cobra
Apr 30, 2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by chmorley
I can't even imagine having that much free time. You're in college. Why didn't you have sex instead? Much better use of time!

Chris

Easy, big guy.

I originally started this as a question to see if I was allowed to send this record to a website. Then I posted the photo just in case there were some in disbelief.

Besides, the top prize for the contest is $30. chmorley, if you want to send in your record and spend two hours with that money to get some yourself, knock yourself out. Otherwise, if you care less, why post?

mc68k
Apr 30, 2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
The KING has set a new iPod Breakout record score: 1653

However, I want to send the information to
http://www.applestudentdevelopers.org/features/iPodContest/index.php

Can I enter if I am not an Apple Student Developer? The site does not clearly state.

Wow, great score. You truly do have some skills at that game (and a lot of patience). Are those SCRATCHES all over your screen? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Your iPod is starting to look like my old Gameboy!

Yes, I entered and I am not an Apple Student Developer. My score was 1039 (http://www.applestudentdevelopers.org/features/iPodContest/pics/1039_Charles_Baker.jpg), just from fooling around in BIO class.

Current top score is 1505 (http://www.applestudentdevelopers.org/features/iPodContest/pics/1505_Bob_Maher.jpg). You probably won $30, unless someone else has more time than you.
LOL! A wink's as good as a nod to a blind bat! Eh! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!

Any time's a good time for [women]. ;)

chmorley
Apr 30, 2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by mc68k

LOL! A wink's as good as a nod to a blind bat! Eh! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!

Any time's a good time for [women]. ;)
It was just a joke. Glad someone got it.

Nice MP reference, BTW.

$30 for 2 hours? No.

Chris

Hemingray
May 1, 2002, 10:59 AM
$30 for 2 hours? No.

Exactly. Time=Money.

$15/hour isn't TOO bad, plus recognition for a high score. But since you aren't even guaranteed to be the high scorer anyway, I personally wouldn't do it.

(Then again, how many countless hours have I spent in this forum with absolutely no pay whatsoever? Heheheh... :p )

Macmaniac
May 1, 2002, 12:28 PM
Can you pause the game and come back to it?

mc68k
May 1, 2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Can you pause the game and come back to it?

Yes, you can. But there's a catch-- the pause takes like 5 seconds of holding the play/pause button.

This function isn't really useful on the higher levels, as you'll probably lose a life for sure. If you do a successful pause, make sure that your paddle is positioned to hit the ball when you start your pod back up.

King Cobra
May 1, 2002, 08:46 PM
If you really want to set a personal best score, try not to pause the game unless it is absolutely necessary. I tried pausing the game (successfully) and restarted it hours later and I immediately lost my train of thought. You really need to go level by level continuously without interruptions to keep your concentration.

That is what I did. I am still waiting for my email of Congratulations from the guys I sent the photo to.

Beej
May 1, 2002, 09:42 PM
How did I know this would be a thread started by you, Cobra? You're a Breakout freak! Top score.

Oh, and make the picture a bit bigger next time. It didn't quite fill up my 24" at 2500x1875 :)

chmorley - that's the funniest post I've read all week. Funny stuff! :D