PDA

View Full Version : Unresponsive Macbook Keyboard

Aperture
Feb 26, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm having trouble with a Macbook. This is only happening after I upgraded it to Leopard FYI. Every 30 minutes or so, the keyboard locks up and I can't type until I restart. OS X is telling me I can't install the keyboard software update so I presume it is already installed. Any ideas?

Thanks

Silver-Fox
Feb 26, 2008, 05:40 PM
it happened to me once on from a reboot, it stopped now but it was seriously weird

Aranince
Feb 26, 2008, 05:41 PM
There was an update to fix keyboard issues recently.

Aperture
Feb 26, 2008, 06:55 PM
There was an update to fix keyboard issues recently.

Like I said, I tried installing all the keyboard updates but it told me they could not be installed.

BulkHedd
Feb 28, 2008, 09:23 AM
This has happened to me a couple of times recently. This morning my MacBook's screen saver had kicked in and I wiggled the mouse to bring up the password box and the keyboard would do nothing. I had to hold the power button down to restart then it worked fine.
The first time was a couple of weeks ago, I don't remember what I was doing but I sat down and the keyboard just wouldn't do anything. Mouse/trackpad work fine. Restart always seems to fix it so I assume it's a software issue, not hardware.

kbmb
May 16, 2008, 12:08 PM
This has happened to me a couple of times recently. This morning my MacBook's screen saver had kicked in and I wiggled the mouse to bring up the password box and the keyboard would do nothing. I had to hold the power button down to restart then it worked fine.
The first time was a couple of weeks ago, I don't remember what I was doing but I sat down and the keyboard just wouldn't do anything. Mouse/trackpad work fine. Restart always seems to fix it so I assume it's a software issue, not hardware.

Any update on this? I just posted a new thread about a similar issue:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=485077

-Kevin