Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fahd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
I ordered a PB 12" on 10/26/2003 at 07:46 PM PST via the apple online store and the apple web site says it shipped at 11:20 PM PST on 10/27/2003. Upon checking the status at fedex, it shows the ship from address to be TAOYUAN CITY TW. Does this mean its coming from Taiwan? :eek: Any ideas why? I'm completely baffled and praying that there wont be any transit damages, though I'm almost certain there will be! :(

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracki...y_code=us&initial=x&tracknumbers=647604757038

Has anyone else had theirs shipped from abroad?

ComputerWizard

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2003
Chicago, IL
Don't worry about it, its completely normal. All apple computers are shipped from Taiwan. That must be where they assemble them. In fact I just got a powerbook G4 1.25ghz from Taiwan and it took only two days to arrive at my house from the ship date, and it wasn't damaged at all.

Fahd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Thanks for that, its rather reassuring for a first time apple buyer. I suppose the time zone thing could mean faster shipping!

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
Yup mine came from there too, then it went to taiwan international airport>Alaska>tennesse>Calgary>Montreal>me it took three days to arrive, because on the second day, nobody was home.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
As been mentioned before, this is completely normal. I received my iMac last year, and it took the Taiwan to Anchorage to Minneapolis. I don't think mine made a stop in Memphis. I had no damage to the box or contents.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
AFAIK all portables are shipped from Taiwan regardless of where they're being shipped to. Powermacs seem to be assembled locally. Mine was assembled in Ireland which I guess all destined for Europe are. I don't know about the e/imacs

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Same here. My iBook came from Taiwan and was here a few days after I ordered it. The neat thing is that I took the free ground shipping. If I knew it was coming from Taiwan I might not have--in case they took it literally and threw it on a ship. They sent it FedEx though.

jkeithh

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2002
Re: Shipping from TAOYUAN CITY TW ?

Originally posted by Fahd
I ordered a PB 12" on 10/26/2003 at 07:46 PM PST via the apple online store and the apple web site says it shipped at 11:20 PM PST on 10/27/2003. Upon checking the status at fedex, it shows the ship from address to be TAOYUAN CITY TW. Does this mean its coming from Taiwan? :eek: Any ideas why? I'm completely baffled and praying that there wont be any transit damages, though I'm almost certain there will be! :(

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracki...y_code=us&initial=x&tracknumbers=647604757038

Has anyone else had theirs shipped from abroad?

Hope you have better luck than I did. Airborne lost my Powerbook last month in transit from Taiwan and it was hell getting my money back from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.