Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Well, I just couldn't hold out any longer and pass up the price!

2.2 Ghz Blk out the door for $1,049 US plus tax.

Will update memory after I get it cause it may have more than advertised. Ya never know--)))

But, man that's a helluva a price break.

So now I await delivery!--))) :D

Peteybiz02

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
Congrats! I looked at the same deal tonight, but decided on one of the updated Macbooks, I got white though. So I await delivery also!! :apple:

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Congrats! I looked at the same deal tonight, but decided on one of the updated Macbooks, I got white though. So I await delivery also!! :apple:

WTG Pete! Best of luck with your new MacBook. I been wanting one for awhile and decided now is the time!

I bought one of the 1st iMAC intel 20 in when they first came out a little over 2 years ago and after over 20 plus years of windoz I have never looked back. I love OSX and need something for on the road and at work.

Post when you get yours and let me know how ya like it. I'll do the same. ;)

bstreiff

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
I just did the same thing; the update didn't really seem to offer all that much (more RAM and bigger HD standard? I can upgrade those myself!) so I snagged a Blackbook for $1049, and I'll immediately bump it to 4GB.

Shame, too, since I was really hoping for LED-backlighting this update at the least-- multitouch and the backlit keyboard from the Air would have been nice as well, but I didn't expect that to happen yet. Ahwell, at least it dropped the prices on the previous generation considerably. \o/

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I just did the same thing; the update didn't really seem to offer all that much (more RAM and bigger HD standard? I can upgrade those myself!) so I snagged a Blackbook for $1049, and I'll immediately bump it to 4GB.

Shame, too, since I was really hoping for LED-backlighting this update at the least-- multitouch and the backlit keyboard from the Air would have been nice as well, but I didn't expect that to happen yet. Ahwell, at least it dropped the prices on the previous generation considerably. \o/

I hear ya! I was hoping for the LED screen also amongst a few other little things! I decided IM not waiting any longer and couldn't beat the price! Damn near 1/3 off a new one. It's on its way and should be here by next Tuesday at the latest.

Best of luck with yours! ;)

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA

Did yours come in yet? Still waiting here.

thefox84

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
Hi I just registered, and I just bought(well actually my dad bought for college) a black 2.2 Macbook w/ 160 HDD and(when I'm done with it) 4 gigs of ram. A great deal for $1,049 and the ram only cost me $120.

I will be using it mostly for iTunes, Safari, AIM, Quicktime, and Final Cut Express(at the same time). Am I equipped correctly? Because the Macbook Pro 2.4 GHZ at my school had no trouble whatsoever with anything I threw at it.

And can I transfer Final Cut Pro files to Final Cut Express?

I'm in charge of the Senior Video and obviously a huge priority for me is working on Final Cut Project(I think I have 6 sections of the video that I'm working on right now).

And my final question, will the files for Final Cut Pro on the G5 Macs work on my new Macbook?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I'm new to actually owning a Mac. I love working on the ones at school, and that was enough to convince me to get one.

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
Got a white one :3

I had ordered a 2.2 ghz white macbook the week before the updates came out, refurbed. I almost decided to send it back, but after I found out the price drop I couldn't resist. I mean, I already got it loaded with 4GB of ram and I'm getting a 7200 RPM hard drive here soon. It was all worth it since they refunded me a hundred bucks, sort of like giving me a free ram upgrade hehe :3. It's way more than enough to suit my needs, I'm not doing anything taxing :D

Overall, very happy about sticking with the refurb. Can't beat the price!

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Don't think so...

H

And can I transfer Final Cut Pro files to Final Cut Express?

I'm in charge of the Senior Video and obviously a huge priority for me is working on Final Cut Project(I think I have 6 sections of the video that I'm working on right now).

And my final question, will the files for Final Cut Pro on the G5 Macs work on my new Macbook?

You might want to really check into this. I think you can go from Express to Pro, but not back down.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I got my refurb blackbook yesterday and it's an awfully sweet little machine. Mine came with 2 GB of RAM, too! :D I thought about going to 4 gigs, but I very rarely saw paging on my core duo macbook that had 2 gigs, and this one seems very fast as-is, so I think I'll stick with 2 for now.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I also ordered one and it came today. Looks brand new and works great.

WTG! IM still waiting for mine, should be here this Tuesday.

Im glad to hear the shape you got it in! I hope mine is the same--))))

Enjoy your MacBook and Best of luck with it!;)

seattle

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
WTG! IM still waiting for mine, should be here this Tuesday.

Im glad to hear the shape you got it in! I hope mine is the same--))))

Enjoy your MacBook and Best of luck with it!;)

Thank you. I paid extra for faster shipping so I was able to get it quickly.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I got my refurb blackbook yesterday and it's an awfully sweet little machine. Mine came with 2 GB of RAM, too! :D I thought about going to 4 gigs, but I very rarely saw paging on my core duo macbook that had 2 gigs, and this one seems very fast as-is, so I think I'll stick with 2 for now.

Well Finally it came in and IM just tickled! I got lucky like you did, mine also came with 2 Gig of RAM! Yippee! This looks absolutely gorgeous! No one could ever tell by looking at it that it's refurb, just like new!

Ran a bunch of updates and all is well! Thank You Apple, your a class act! I will provide that feedback to them! They deserve to know!

Well off to play some! Cya's! :)

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Well, I just couldn't hold out any longer and pass up the price!

2.2 Ghz Blk out the door for $1,049 US plus tax.

Will update memory after I get it cause it may have more than advertised. Ya never know--)))

But, man that's a helluva a price break.

So now I await delivery!--))) :D
Awesome and a great price. Enjoy your new toy. :)

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
The refurb's can be a great deal, especially right after updates. Can't tell the difference from new and no one will know the difference. Got quite a few refurbs myself and they are way to go if looking to save some $$$'s.

The unexpected upgrades are always the icing on the cake when you get one:D

Congrats!!

bstreiff

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Aww, I only got 1GB with mine. ;D

Fortunately, I had ordered up 4GB the day after placing my order, so I should stop swapping when I get it tomorrow.

VideoShooter

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2004
I went from a broken 17 inch powerbook that work bought for me to a refurb black macbook.

I gotta say - this baby is sweet!

I LOVE the battery life and the quick speed.

4GB of RAM is on the way from OWC.

I bought this as a personal computer. What I mean - is... 1 laptop for work... 1 laptop for personal stuff.
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
I know that sounds silly - but it's been making my life more manageable.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
The refurb's can be a great deal, especially right after updates. Can't tell the difference from new and no one will know the difference. Got quite a few refurbs myself and they are way to go if looking to save some $$$'s.

The unexpected upgrades are always the icing on the cake when you get one:D

Congrats!!

Yeah they sure are--))) Ya know originally I really was wanting a white one as I like my intel White iMAC so much, but man this Black MacBook is really good looking and I love my white apple logo glowing--))

Seriously IM really happy with this. Just the right size for me. I had an eee pc but the screen size was killing me and man I wanted OSX on it so bad. So, when I seen the Black macbook in the refurbish section with a larger drive for $1049, I said screw it! IM getting this. Getting 2 Gig of RAM was a pleasant surprise also. I was gonna blow it out to 4 gig, but this thing flies as it is! Sold my eee this morning and put the money towards this! IM so glad I did!
IM so happy with this purchase I just ordered a refurb new aluiminum blue tooth key board for my iMAC and a blue tooth refurb wireless mouse for my macbook--)))
;)

OH and thanks for the Congrats--)))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.