PDA

View Full Version : Return advice

heyromantic
Feb 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
I bought a macbook six days ago at the Apple store. I was peeved that they had updates. I want to know if they would take it back. It has some light scratches on it because I took it to school on Monday. I know I have to pay the restocking fee, but it's fine, I just want to know if they take it back. Would I have to re-install OS X, because I already downloaded Firefox and Adium and some other things in order for them to accept it.

Reflow
Feb 26, 2008, 09:00 PM
I bought a macbook six days ago at the Apple store. I was peeved that they had updates. I want to know if they would take it back. It has some light scratches on it because I took it to school on Monday. I know I have to pay the restocking fee, but it's fine, I just want to know if they take it back. Would I have to re-install OS X, because I already downloaded Firefox and Adium and some other things in order for them to accept it.

I think you can since your are still under the 14 day rule. Most likely you will have to pay the restocking fee..

heyromantic
Feb 26, 2008, 09:00 PM
Oh and I also opened up the thing with the cleaning cloth and the manuals.

iAmLegend
Feb 26, 2008, 09:03 PM
I bought an "outdated" MacBook last week, and in my honest opinion, this new update isn't worth going through the process of exchanging it for the new model. I'm as happy today as I was last week with my purchase.

heyromantic
Feb 26, 2008, 09:06 PM
I know but it has a bigger hard drive and i had opted for the base model. (I'm a poor student.) I actually love my Macbook. If the new one's didn't have a bigger hard drive I wouldn't even think about upgrading, but you know, I still have a window of opportunity to exchange it.

bamaworks
Feb 26, 2008, 09:31 PM
If it's the drive bothering you, just buy one and install it, you'll probably save money considering the restock fee and it's ridiculously easy.

heyromantic
Feb 26, 2008, 09:44 PM
If it's the drive bothering you, just buy one and install it, you'll probably save money considering the restock fee and it's ridiculously easy.

That's true. My mom was saying to just get an external hard drive, but is Penryn any better than Santa Rosa?

macenforcer
Feb 26, 2008, 09:55 PM
Its very simple. Just say it keeps powering down on you. Apple tech will look at it and then just give you a new one. Plus, credit cards have price protection for this kind of thing and apple should know better. Freaking ripoff 10% restock fee. Just raise hell. Apple store very good about refunding. Have done it many times.

heyromantic
Feb 26, 2008, 09:59 PM
Its very simple. Just say it keeps powering down on you. Apple tech will look at it and then just give you a new one. Plus, credit cards have price protection for this kind of thing and apple should know better. Freaking ripoff 10% restock fee. Just raise hell. Apple store very good about refunding. Have done it many times.

I don't mind paying the restock fee (although it is expensive). I just want to know if they would take it back. (Plus I think they gave me one that someone returned because near the iSight camera it has light scratches that were there before I put my light scratches on it.) Thanks man, I was questioning whether or not I should return it, but I definitely will.