PDA

View Full Version : What's the most advanced game you've been able to run on a Mini?

godslabrat
Feb 26, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm not much of a computer gamer, but now that I have my mini connected to my HDTV, it seems like something worth playing with. If I can't play the latest and greatest, that's fine, but I'd like to see how far I can push this thing. What's the most top-end game you've had running reliably on the mini (assuming this is within WinXP?

I'd be upgrading my mini to 4GB RAM, FWIW.

Foxile
Feb 27, 2008, 01:18 AM
I'm not much of a computer gamer, but now that I have my mini connected to my HDTV, it seems like something worth playing with. If I can't play the latest and greatest, that's fine, but I'd like to see how far I can push this thing. What's the most top-end game you've had running reliably on the mini (assuming this is within WinXP?

I'd be upgrading my mini to 4GB RAM, FWIW.

I wouldn't expect much, tbh. I'm running WoW on my Mini, very smoothly, but I don't think you'll get much more than that.

I'll be popping bootcamp on, soon and installing Civ4, but I expect the system to struggle. Same with C&C3.

If only :apple: would give the Mini a GPU upgrade, it'd be fine for all but the latest stuff, imho.