PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for Macs to ship from China?

AuburnTiger
Feb 26, 2008, 11:54 PM
I'm just curious. I would think that the retail stores in the US would have a Macbook in stock. I ordered it Thursday or Friday, and it shipped Tuesday morning from Shanghai.

I'm also curious of whether there's a slim chance they shipped me the updated version of Macbook instead of the 2.0ghz model. Well, I guess I'll find out Thursday when it arrives.

dsnort
Feb 26, 2008, 11:58 PM
It's normal for most computers to ship from China in this day and age.

When the comp arrives, read the specs on the outside of the box. If it's not one of the new models, I believe you can return it as long as it's unopened.

AuburnTiger
Feb 27, 2008, 12:01 AM
I'm not so sure that I want the upgrade now that I find out the new models don't have the remote control with them. I mean, I've dreamed about watching Star Trek in bed with my remote since I ordered it. :)

dsnort
Feb 27, 2008, 12:03 AM
They don't come with remotes anymore? When did that happen?

AuburnTiger
Feb 27, 2008, 12:04 AM
"The Apple Remote control is no longer included, and must be purchased separately ($19)."

From the front page.

David G.
Feb 27, 2008, 12:16 AM
I ordered mine on the 13th and received it on Monday the 18th, it too shipped from Shanghai.

Flyer0815
Feb 27, 2008, 12:17 AM
Every computer I have bought from Apple Online has shipped from Shanghai... nothing abnormal at all.

dibara2003
Feb 27, 2008, 12:20 AM
most online orders ship from its origin, china. either shanghai or hunan

powerbook911
Feb 27, 2008, 12:20 AM
I'm just curious. I would think that the retail stores in the US would have a Macbook in stock. I ordered it Thursday or Friday, and it shipped Tuesday morning from Shanghai.

I'm also curious of whether there's a slim chance they shipped me the updated version of Macbook instead of the 2.0ghz model. Well, I guess I'll find out Thursday when it arrives.

Note that if you *do not* open the box, you can return it for refund with no restocking fee and order the new one instead.

I mean considering you don't even have it yet, I think it would be a decent decision to get the one with more memory, speed, space, etc.

higgz
Feb 27, 2008, 12:27 AM
mine came from shanghai about 3weeks ago as well. got it in about 4 business days to virginia.