PDA

View Full Version : UT network framerates...?

rEd Eye
Apr 30, 2002, 09:59 PM
Anyone have any idea why UT would run at avg 50-60 fps in a game against the computer,but drop down to avg 25 fps in online games?I use a 56k modem,but this doesn't affect quake 3 framerates in the least(avg 90 fps on or offline).
Also,has anyone figured out how to get rid of the nvidia problem of blocky black smoke textureswhen launching grenades in UT?(I am running UT in Open GL on a Geforce 4 MX)

G4 dual 1 Ghz
1 GB SDRAM
Nvidia Geforce 4 MX
The latest Nvidia drivers
56k (hahaha)hell!
(i m the guy named Sketcjh who is always shooting at where you just were)lol

AlphaTech
Apr 30, 2002, 10:06 PM
Try an ATI Radeon 8500 video card :D... Sounds like you have issues with the UT netplay server, but not the Quake one.

Get a high speed internet connection, that could alleviate some of the issues too.

MacAztec
Apr 30, 2002, 11:10 PM
Try a new video card. The ATI Radeon 7500 All-In-Wonder seems pretty nice, but I am not sure if they make it for the Mac. Or else, try the ATI Radeon 8500.

You really need a faster internet connection man, thats the problem!

rEd Eye
May 1, 2002, 05:05 AM
mmmmmmm.....fast internet...sob!
I only wish I could.Unless I want to pay exorberant Canadian satellite access prices,I'm screwed!
I do know that when I get hi speed,I'll be a kickass UT player,after getting quite good at having to guess where to shoot for the last two years.

Beej
May 1, 2002, 07:13 AM
I have the same grenade issue as you (993 w/ GF4MX). I also had the problem with a G4 400 w/ ASUS 7200 Pro. It's the only problem I've seen, so I really can't justify buying a new card...