PDA

View Full Version : Fun iTunes searches

kpl
Oct 28, 2003, 04:27 AM
One feature which I really enjoy about iTunes is its strong search engines. I have found that some particular searches turn up a surprising variety of music. Here is a particularly interesting one:

"Perfidia"

Every one of the covers of "Perfidia" is in a different style. Has anyone else discovered some other particularly interesting keywords for iTunes searches?

K

srobert
Oct 28, 2003, 07:32 AM
While looking for a nice version of the Pachelbel Canon, I ended up listening to an electronic version (80s style) of this great classic. (Artist: Isao Tomita) Odly enough, this version was the closest version from the classical version I could find.

kpl
Oct 28, 2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by srobert
While looking for a nice version of the Pachelbel Canon, I ended up listening to an electronic version (80s style) of this great classic. (Artist: Isao Tomita) Odly enough, this version was the closest version from the classical version I could find.

The name of the piece is "Canon in D". In classical music naming conventions, it is highly atypical to put the name of a composer in the piece. A search for "Canon in D" yields <A HREF = "http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=2698543&selectedItemId=2698512">Canon in D for Strings and Continuo</A>.

srobert
Oct 28, 2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks. Maybe I'm used to see it named that way because all my classical CDs got their cover art in french :)