PDA

View Full Version : Do somebody else have the experience?

Feiyewen
Feb 27, 2008, 08:08 AM
I bought a Macbook 20 days ago. I want to swap a new one with bigger RAM and HD, so I call them but they refused me to exchange it as the new type.

So disappointed about it!

mrwizardno2
Feb 27, 2008, 08:12 AM
You think they'd make any money if they did this for everyone that wanted to???

Be happy with the one you've got, when the time comes to replace it, do so...

You have a perfectly capable machine.

Pressure
Feb 27, 2008, 08:14 AM
It can be done but they will need your credit card information ;)

SFStateStudent
Feb 27, 2008, 09:59 AM
stopping by the Apple Store, and be nice! Remember, you are trying to get a "favor" out of them. :cool:

tremendous
Feb 27, 2008, 10:29 AM
brb, gotta take my 3 week old car back to the dealer because i just noticed they have a new red one with fancy wheels and sat nav on the forecourt and i just gotta have it! that's after i drop by that restaurant to get a refund on that meal from a couple weeks back - they're doing a two for one offer AND free onion rings this week! disgraceful! of course, i could just buy more - i mean, the introductory rate on that loan i took out a month back has dropped a couple percentage points. sure they'll rebate me some cash, right?

http://www.plasticandplush.com/plasticandplush/images/2007/04/26/bossy.jpg

PowerFullMac
Feb 27, 2008, 10:46 AM
brb, gotta take my 3 week old car back to the dealer because i just noticed they have a new red one with fancy wheels and sat nav on the forecourt and i just gotta have it! that's after i drop by that restaurant to get a refund on that meal from a couple weeks back - they're doing a two for one offer AND free onion rings this week! disgraceful! of course, i could just buy more - i mean, the introductory rate on that loan i took out a month back has dropped a couple percentage points. sure they'll rebate me some cash, right?

Ha! Very funny post!

:D

Yeah, stop being picky, you have a fine MacBook, and the Penryn processors dont make much difference anyway.

me_94501
Feb 27, 2008, 03:54 PM
I bought a Macbook 20 days ago. I want to swap a new one with bigger RAM and HD, so I call them but they refused me to exchange it as the new type.

Upgrading the RAM (http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/MacBook-Core-Duo/RAM/86/3/) and hard drive (http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/MacBook-Core-Duo/Hard-Drive-Replacement/86/5/) on a MacBook is relatively easy (just make sure you have the right tools), and in general prices for both are pretty reasonable. Take a look at newegg.com.

The fact that hard drives in these things are so easy to replace is the reason why I expect my Core Duo MacBook (1st gen) to last a couple more years.

motoracer1486
Feb 27, 2008, 04:06 PM
You didn't purchase the "new technology warranty"? :p

sushi
Feb 27, 2008, 04:09 PM

Good one!

You didn't purchase the "new technology warranty"? :p
I need to remember to do that next time. ;)

Fezzasus
Feb 27, 2008, 04:10 PM
I tried to take my first gen iMac back when I saw how nice the aluminium ones are, i mean, it was top of the range in 2001 - why shouldn't I be able to replace it for free with the top of the range one now, it's what I paid for back then.

Get over it.

kkat69
Feb 27, 2008, 04:16 PM

QQ

sadilak
Feb 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
Dude, What you have is fine. Buy stuff only when you need them, not want them. You have a perfectly upgdradeable macbook. Use it well.

boonleng
Feb 27, 2008, 04:25 PM
If you looked closely, the performance margin is really small. What you have is still a brand new capable machine and you should be happy with it. Enjoy her!

kkat69
Feb 27, 2008, 04:41 PM
Actually (normally I check before posting but didn't this time) this appears to be a drive-by posting.

MacDude415
Feb 28, 2008, 01:08 AM

I just want to tell you that you made my day!

SFStateStudent
Feb 28, 2008, 01:27 AM
this afternoon, after buying it in August '07 the MB developed scratches on the screen after three weeks. Anyway, to make a long story short, after several visits to address the issue, the Apple Store Manager calls me at home and invites me out to the Store for a shopping spree "to make it right" since we value you as a longtime customer and want to continue our relationship. It took me a few minutes to get there, but I picked out a Brand New MB 2.4:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
250GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth

and after transferring my data from my MB 2.16, I hooked-up my iPhone to my new computer and out the door in about 45 minutes. :p

Feiyewen
Feb 28, 2008, 06:15 AM
What is the "new technology warranty"? They didn't tell me when I bought it. What I got is applecare for three years.

Feiyewen
Feb 28, 2008, 06:17 AM
this afternoon, after buying it in August '07 the MB developed scratches on the screen after three weeks. Anyway, to make a long story short, after several visits to address the issue, the Apple Store Manager calls me at home and invites me out to the Store for a shopping spree "to make it right" since we value you as a longtime customer and want to continue our relationship. It took me a few minutes to get there, but I picked out a Brand New MB 2.4:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
250GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth

and after transferring my data from my MB 2.16, I hooked-up my iPhone to my new computer and out the door in about 45 minutes. :p

Thanks, you are lucky!
When I call them, they always say I am afraid......

bigbadnewill
Feb 28, 2008, 06:45 AM
What is the "new technology warranty"? They didn't tell me when I bought it. What I got is applecare for three years.

You may live to regret asking that question... :D

kkat69
Feb 28, 2008, 09:06 AM

::::: Houston, we have another one :::::

tremendous
Feb 28, 2008, 09:13 AM
I just want to tell you that you made my day!

always a pleasure ;)

krye
Feb 28, 2008, 01:55 PM

I know right, sour grapes anyone? People kill me with this. It's the state of technology. That is the way it is. What's new today is old tomorrow. Deal with it people.

macenforcer
Feb 28, 2008, 02:18 PM
Bought my wife a macbook 8 weeks ago. She took it into the applestore today and they swapped it for the new one no questions asked. She just said she wanted the updated version. Did you ask apple nicely?

motoracer1486
Feb 28, 2008, 02:22 PM

Oh brother! :eek: :p :o (not sure which smiley fits best here...so I'll just use all 3!)

motoracer1486
Feb 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
Bought my wife a macbook 8 weeks ago. She took it into the applestore today and they swapped it for the new one no questions asked. She just said she wanted the updated version. Did you ask apple nicely?

Holy cow, thats customer service! I can't believe they would do that after 2 months.

Makes me feel better about my first Apple purchase (which by the way just left Shanghai on its way to my house!)

aneftp
Feb 28, 2008, 03:28 PM

That's nice of apple. Did they charge her the 10% restocking fee or waive it?

If they waived the restocking fee after 8 weeks of use, than that's a very nice store manager.

krye
Feb 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
I said "pretty please with a cherry on top" and they gave me Steve Jobs' Mercedes for my broken iPod.