Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matperk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Has anyone had any luck/even tried Boot camp on one of the new Penryn MBPs? I have it going, but whenever I try to run the driver install I get a blue screen of death when it attempts to do the wireless driver install. I reinstalled XP twice and I'm still getting the same result.

fatflock222

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2005
I have the same problem with vista on my penryn macbook pro... both the wifi and isight dont work>>> also the keyboard shortcuts dont work

fatflock222

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2005
i have feeeling you need to use the leopard cd that came with the not the retail leopard disk....... i have yet to try it because my disk is at home and im at college

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
I put in the recovery CD that comes with the laptop and it worked fine. Installed right away, no blue screen or anything.
Fatflock222: With the new MBP, it doesn't come with a Leopard disc like the last MBP model, it only comes with the recovery CDs now because it already has Leopard loaded on there when you get it.

Pees330

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
I installed Vista via Boot Camp and it's working perfectly. I used the drivers that came with the recovery discs. Not any problems.

Chow7

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
I also had no problems installing. Just use the recovery cd for drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.