PDA

View Full Version : New Macbook one complaint, please help

Farkum
Feb 28, 2008, 04:05 PM
I bought a new (2 month old) macbook and received it yesterday. For the most part I like it. Its going to take awhile to get used to OS X vs Winblows but so far so good. My one complaint is the kinda sharp edges on the front of the computer by my wrists. Usually I dont wrest my wrists on the laptop but when I am lying on the couch sometimes its the most comfortable position. Is there anything anyone has done to take away the sharp edge? I thought about lightly sanding with a really fine sand paper but I hate going at my new computer with sandpaper.

Thanks,
Cort

Kalison
Feb 28, 2008, 04:52 PM
1200 or 1600 grit sand paper.

wet sanding with a good block to wrap the sand paper... you could do no harm.... just be careful.

Also, by wet sanding... I don't mean dripping with water, just enough to keep the paper damp. It would only take a few strokes to bevel the edge down enough to keep it from being sharp.

Hello.there
Feb 28, 2008, 05:06 PM
I thought about lightly sanding with a really fine sand paper but I hate going at my new computer with sandpaper.

:eek: :eek: DON'T DO IT!

Seriously, you'll get used to the edges, I did after a little while and now instinctively position my arms/wrists at a slightly different angle so the edges aren't a problem. You'll be fine :)

honeycrisp
Feb 29, 2008, 01:19 AM
I bought a new (2 month old) macbook and received it yesterday. For the most part I like it. Its going to take awhile to get used to OS X vs Winblows but so far so good. My one complaint is the kinda sharp edges on the front of the computer by my wrists. Usually I dont wrest my wrists on the laptop but when I am lying on the couch sometimes its the most comfortable position. Is there anything anyone has done to take away the sharp edge? I thought about lightly sanding with a really fine sand paper but I hate going at my new computer with sandpaper.

Thanks,
Cort

I think it's nice. Forces you to be ergonomic. And looks beautiful. I say keep it!

timsutcliffe
Feb 29, 2008, 10:50 AM
I don't think taking sandpaper to your computer is a great idea. I think like someone already suggested, wait a little while and you'll soon get used to the new edges without damaging your macbook.

Farkum
Mar 1, 2008, 02:15 AM
Anyone that said dont do it was wrong. I took 1500 grit sand paper and just barely touched the edges up. Made all the difference in the world and you cannot tell its been touched by looking at it. If anyone else is going to try this remember the plastic is really soft and you do not want a course sand paper. 1500 grit was the highest I had in my garage, I was going to use 2000 grit and that would have been great. Also I wet sanded, but if your going to do that be careful (computers and water aren't exactly a match made in heaven).