Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
So, I dont usually go to best buy, but I went today, and saw the brand new apple booth, just like an  store, and saw that there were no mini's or mac pros, thats a given, but why no mini's, does apple really hate it that much is afraid to discontinue it? I think if they give it some power, it could be very popular.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
So, I dont usually go to best buy, but I went today, and saw the brand new apple booth, just like an  store, and saw that there were no mini's or mac pros, thats a given, but why no mini's, does apple really hate it that much is afraid to discontinue it? I think if they give it some power, it could be very popular.

Odd, the BBs I've been in have had them. Maybe this is a new display, and there aren't any mini's in the retail channel because of a forthcoming update.

TEG

dbam987

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2007
The Best Buy nearby recently setup a Mac section. It certainly wasn't there last week though. I don't recall seeing Mini's or Mac Pro's but I did see the MacBook Air, MBP, MB, and iMac on display. Guess they haven't opened up an Apple section in all places, but will eventually. Pretty cool if you ask me.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Best Buy shows two Mac Mini's on their web site. Available ONLINE ONLY

Funny though they list them under ..... MacPro Catregory

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat128800050007&type=category

I have a friend who used to work for CompUSA .... when they announced closing down he went to work for Apple. His position involves putting Apple displays into Best Buy stores in Maryland and assist getting BB staff up to speed.

He told me that there would be certain BB's that get sort of a " mini Apple Store " inside the BB store while other BB's would just have some Mac models on display.

What is odd here in Maryland is that Apple put the " mini store " inside a BB that was 2 mile from an Apple Store, and the other BB's in the region are just getting display models, and customers are told to order or go to the larger store for pickup.

It *could* be that they are putting Mac Mini in the larger stores that get the " mini Apple Store ".

By the way IMO " mini Apple Store " means ... larger floor space display area.

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2007
i worked at best buy for 2 years starting in 05-07. prior to the apple deal with BB we carried the minis as the only apple computer product during 05-06. they slowly fazed them out of the store in general. now with the apple booths i still pass by the store and they dont carry the minis anymore.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Best Buy shows two Mac Mini's on their web site. Available ONLINE ONLY

Funny though they list them under ..... MacPro Catregory

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat128800050007&type=category

I have a friend who used to work for CompUSA .... when they announced closing down he went to work for Apple. His position involves putting Apple displays into Best Buy stores in Maryland and assist getting BB staff up to speed.

He told me that there would be certain BB's that get sort of a " mini Apple Store " inside the BB store while other BB's would just have some Mac models on display.

What is odd here in Maryland is that Apple put the " mini store " inside a BB that was 2 mile from an Apple Store, and the other BB's in the region are just getting display models, and customers are told to order or go to the larger store for pickup.

It *could* be that they are putting Mac Mini in the larger stores that get the " mini Apple Store ".

By the way IMO " mini Apple Store " means ... larger floor space display area.

Yeah, its a mini store, i went to the BB in maryland. But it isn't safe to call it a "mini store" apple actually has such things, we have a mini store here thats on the street next to starbucks, thats just like a normal store, but the floor space is like as big as your bedroom, no joke. one of the 35 smallest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.