PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Heat Resistent?

z0n3x
Feb 28, 2008, 06:40 PM
So yesterday I lit some candles to get rid of the ungodly stench of my gym bag and neighbors cig smoke. Following that, I decided to check my email and a few other various things... all the while the candle was burning under my Macbook. By the time a realized that I couldnt find the candle and that it was under the open clam shell (right by the apple icon), the case had bubbled out. After playing with the warm bubbled portion I stormed out in dismay. When I returned home everything was back to normal. WTF? anyone else have heat resistance?

scotty56
Feb 28, 2008, 06:43 PM
Whoa there, you should really be more careful about that. I imagine melting plastic could cause a fire.

natharvey
Feb 28, 2008, 06:43 PM
sounds like you lucked out, i've never heard of anything like that

thats really lucky though.

honeycrisp
Feb 29, 2008, 01:17 AM
So yesterday I lit some candles to get rid of the ungodly stench of my gym bag and neighbors cig smoke. Following that, I decided to check my email and a few other various things... all the while the candle was burning under my Macbook. By the time a realized that I couldnt find the candle and that it was under the open clam shell (right by the apple icon), the case had bubbled out. After playing with the warm bubbled portion I stormed out in dismay. When I returned home everything was back to normal. WTF? anyone else have heat resistance?

Geez. How would we know? Who does something like that? Take a shower...