PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Core Duo wont install EFI firmware update

MacDaddy08
Feb 28, 2008, 07:06 PM
My firmware version is currently MB11.0061.B02 and Apple says it should be MB11.0061.B03. I can't use bootcamp until I update my firmware. I download the update and when it goes to install it all i get is "Your computer does not need this update," and then it closes. I have tried formatting and re-installing the OS. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas, please?

TEG
Feb 28, 2008, 07:25 PM
You either have the update installed, or do not need it. Your OS has NOTHING to do with it, it is a hardware thing. If BootCamp still won't work, I'd take into an Apple Store and see what they say.

TEG

MacDaddy08
Feb 28, 2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I knew the OS didnt have anything to do with it but I had just replace the HD and installed fresh so I though maybe I should do it again like something might have gone wrong. When I try to open the bootcamp assistant to install Windows, it says I must update my computer's boot rom before i can run it. I had to do the same thing when I updated my Macbook Pro but it worked fine (the update) and I was able to run bootcamp. My Macbook is a different story. Apple's website says my boot rom firmware should be MB11.0061.B03 but my Macbook won't let me install it. I hate having to go to the Apple store, that place is PACKED all the time. I guess I have to suck it up and do it.

dethl
Feb 28, 2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I knew the OS didnt have anything to do with it but I had just replace the HD and installed fresh so I though maybe I should do it again like something might have gone wrong. When I try to open the bootcamp assistant to install Windows, it says I must update my computer's boot rom before i can run it. I had to do the same thing when I updated my Macbook Pro but it worked fine (the update) and I was able to run bootcamp. My Macbook is a different story. Apple's website says my boot rom firmware should be MB11.0061.B03 but my Macbook won't let me install it. I hate having to go to the Apple store, that place is PACKED all the time. I guess I have to suck it up and do it.

Make an appointment, you'll thank yourself later. :)