PDA

View Full Version : I bought my Macbook! But...

ZenithGuardiano
Feb 29, 2008, 11:44 AM
Hey, I posted an earlier thread about asking if I should get a Refurbished Macbook, or a new low end model. I got the new one (I wanted to get it now, so I went to the store instead of waiting for the online purchase). Anyway, I've been a PC user since I was 10 (I'm 19 now), so I'm still getting used to the Mac/PC differences (i.e. no right click...). I still like my Macbook, but I'm still lost, but the thing I want to figure out now is iWork, or better yet, Pages.

I've used Word and used to it too, but the reviews for the Mac version aren't good at all. I downloaded the trial version of iWork, but I don't know how to use Pages!!! I see the templates and I want to design some like that, but how? Where do I get some of the pictures (like insert clip art type of thing). I don't know, can someone help me make it easier to use this thing, especially Pages???:(

bamaworks
Feb 29, 2008, 11:46 AM
Right click definitely exists. Go to your mouse settings (Apple Logo -> System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse). Depending on if you're using an external mouse, change the right button to "secondary button" and/or if you're using trackpad, there's an option there for a right click if you put two fingers on the trackpad and click with your thumb at the same time.....

As for Office, I have 2008 and 2003 and I haven't had a single problem with either....

skitzogreg
Feb 29, 2008, 11:48 AM
Hey, I posted an earlier thread about asking if I should get a Refurbished Macbook, or a new low end model. I got the new one (I wanted to get it now, so I went to the store instead of waiting for the online purchase). Anyway, I've been a PC user since I was 10 (I'm 19 now), so I'm still getting used to the Mac/PC differences (i.e. no right click...). I still like my Macbook, but I'm still lost, but the thing I want to figure out now is iWork, or better yet, Pages.

I've used Word and used to it too, but the reviews for the Mac version aren't good at all. I downloaded the trial version of iWork, but I don't know how to use Pages!!! I see the templates and I want to design some like that, but how? Where do I get some of the pictures (like insert clip art type of thing). I don't know, can someone help me make it easier to use this thing, especially Pages???:(

You know, I'm a college student and an avid Mac user. I would love to know how to effectively use pages, but unfortunately schools use Microsoft's macros, and only very few of the templates I have received from classes work 'well' with Pages. I will say, however, you can make your computer right click by changing settings in the "Keyboard and Mouse" section of System Preferences. Just click where it says to "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click"

I hope this helps.
-skitzogreg

Consultant
Feb 29, 2008, 11:53 AM
Mac 101
http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

iWork Tutorial
http://www.apple.com/iwork/tutorials/http://www.apple.com/iwork/tutorials/

Can you not see the "HELP" menu on the top?
There is comprehensive help, Video Tutorials

ZenithGuardiano
Feb 29, 2008, 12:04 PM
Hehehe... I feel pretty stupid now... lol... Ok things are a little easier now. Thank You!!!