PDA

View Full Version : New Macbook! Two questions:

chaoticbear
Feb 29, 2008, 11:47 AM
One: What is the best way to clean the top case? The sticker that seals the cloth pouch it came that says to read the EULA yadda yadda yadda had a big chunk that came off and got stuck right to the top of the Macbook, and I'm not really having any luck peeling it off, because it's designed to be fragile, I guess, to avoid tampering or something.

Second, is the fan supposed to sound like a dog whistle? The fan is so high-pitched, my ears are bleeding. Figuratively.

bamaworks
Feb 29, 2008, 11:50 AM
Odd, I rarely hear my fans... maybe something you'd want to get looked at? And perhaps a solvent to remove your sticker? :) (see: Citric acids such as from a lemon or lime, or commercially based solvent such as GooGone if you still have issues).

TEG
Feb 29, 2008, 12:00 PM
GooGone or a sharp knife will help with the sticker (or a hot washcloth). As for the fans, I'd take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Repair Center - or call Apple Care. It sounds like you got some bad fans, as you should barely hear them, the highpitch sounds like some power system is messed up.

TEG

chaoticbear
Feb 29, 2008, 12:30 PM
The whine has actually gone away since I've plugged it in, and unplugging doesn't seem to change it.

Wet washcloth seems the safest route. I'll try that first. Goo Gone really won't hurt the case?

TEG
Feb 29, 2008, 12:52 PM
Yes, GooGone won't hurt the case, it is specifically designed to break down glue.

TEG

Jpoon
Feb 29, 2008, 02:19 PM
Good to know, I had some gooey crap that's attracting all sorts of black nasty looking dust on my white Mac Book D: