PDA

View Full Version : The same adapter for iPod and Macbook?

iBookfan
Feb 29, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hi

I'm buying a Macbook (new one :D) in US and live en EU.

I was wondering if I could use my adapter from my iPod to my Macbook charger?

That should'nt be a problem, right?

TEG
Feb 29, 2008, 02:16 PM
Do you mean the duckend connector (the bit that plugs into the square power brick)? The answer, is yes, unless you are trying to use a grounded plug, which will not work on the iPod's brick.

TEG

iBookfan
Feb 29, 2008, 03:10 PM
Do you mean the duckend connector (the bit that plugs into the square power brick)? The answer, is yes, unless you are trying to use a grounded plug, which will not work on the iPod's brick.

TEG

Yes, I mean the duckend

So it will work? Thanks... Was just a little affraid trying.. :)

iBookfan
Feb 29, 2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, I mean the duckend

So it will work? Thanks... Was just a little affraid trying.. :)

I've found this on eBay. Can I use this one: http://cgi.ebay.de/Apple-Dt-Stecker-Adapter-fuer-Macbook-Pro-NEU-ansehen_W0QQitemZ230227711065QQihZ013QQcategoryZ136596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And well the charger adjust the voltage to the country that I'm living in?

bigbadnewill
Feb 29, 2008, 04:40 PM
yeah, the psu handles a range of voltages so don't worry about that. Just make sure the plug fits your socket and you're good to go

iBookfan
Feb 29, 2008, 04:52 PM
yeah, the psu handles a range of voltages so don't worry about that. Just make sure the plug fits your socket and you're good to go

Thanks! It does 'cause I live in EU, so that should'nt be a problem. Thanks again. Apple's also looks better than does big, bulky "travel kit plug for 4 coutries" :cool:

TEG
Feb 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
I've found this on eBay. Can I use this one: http://cgi.ebay.de/Apple-Dt-Stecker-Adapter-fuer-Macbook-Pro-NEU-ansehen_W0QQitemZ230227711065QQihZ013QQcategoryZ136596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And well the charger adjust the voltage to the country that I'm living in?

Yes. Just make sure it is the EU one, not the Korean One (they are similar, but the prongs are slightly larger on the Korean one. That reminds me that I have several of these adapters at home that I'm not using.

TEG

iBookfan
Feb 29, 2008, 05:02 PM
Yes. Just make sure it is the EU one, not the Korean One (they are similar, but the prongs are slightly larger on the Korean one. That reminds me that I have several of these adapters at home that I'm not using.TEG

On the website it says that its for the german-plugs which are similar to the ones in Denmark.

But, just, worst case senario, I'll find out if it does'nt work, right? - Like; it does'nt fit the socket or so, right?:confused: