Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Hi

I'm buying a Macbook (new one :D) in US and live en EU.

I was wondering if I could use my adapter from my iPod to my Macbook charger?

That should'nt be a problem, right?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Do you mean the duckend connector (the bit that plugs into the square power brick)? The answer, is yes, unless you are trying to use a grounded plug, which will not work on the iPod's brick.

TEG

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Do you mean the duckend connector (the bit that plugs into the square power brick)? The answer, is yes, unless you are trying to use a grounded plug, which will not work on the iPod's brick.

TEG

Yes, I mean the duckend

So it will work? Thanks... Was just a little affraid trying.. :)

bigbadnewill

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
yeah, the psu handles a range of voltages so don't worry about that. Just make sure the plug fits your socket and you're good to go

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
yeah, the psu handles a range of voltages so don't worry about that. Just make sure the plug fits your socket and you're good to go

Thanks! It does 'cause I live in EU, so that should'nt be a problem. Thanks again. Apple's also looks better than does big, bulky "travel kit plug for 4 coutries" :cool:

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Yes. Just make sure it is the EU one, not the Korean One (they are similar, but the prongs are slightly larger on the Korean one. That reminds me that I have several of these adapters at home that I'm not using.TEG

On the website it says that its for the german-plugs which are similar to the ones in Denmark.

But, just, worst case senario, I'll find out if it does'nt work, right? - Like; it does'nt fit the socket or so, right?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.