PDA

View Full Version : Mac 2.0 C2D vs. 2.22 C2D vs latest releases

coachingguy
Feb 29, 2008, 02:25 PM
Okay, I've got a White MB 2.0 C2D w/ 2.5 Ram 80 (93% full)HD. I'm looking at the new releases but also the refurbed Blackbooks. I guess the question I'm really asking is will a I notice a big difference between what I have now and either of the two aforementioned MB's?

I do a lot of iPhoto, iTunes, surfing, Word & Xmind

Thanks

Coachingguy

JMBrown
Feb 29, 2008, 04:18 PM
I too am interested in the differences between the old 2.0, 2.2 and the new 2.1ghz Macbooks.

johny5
Feb 29, 2008, 05:34 PM
I really doubt you would notice the speed difference IMHO, the only noticeable thing might be when your recoding video and that would be a couple of seconds difference. I don't think you would even see a great increase when coding itunes from cd's.
As for web browsing, surfing and iphoto, highly unlikely.

I have a 2.2ghz macbook with 4gb ram and are will to do some test comparisons if you want?

ShiggyMiyamoto
Feb 29, 2008, 05:46 PM
I really doubt you would notice the speed difference IMHO, the only noticeable thing might be when your recoding video and that would be a couple of seconds difference. I don't think you would even see a great increase when coding itunes from cd's.
As for web browsing, surfing and iphoto, highly unlikely.

I have a 2.2ghz macbook with 4gb ram and are will to do some test comparisons if you want?

I agree. I have a 2.2 GHz White MacBook from late 2007 and it does everything I need it to and want it to short of intensive 3D gaming. WoW runs, so I'm happy. Anything beyond that probably won't run well, if at all.

My point is, it's not worth worrying about the INCREMENTAL speed increases these new models offer. I was semi-tempted for a moment when they came out, but I have this machine and I'm happy with it.