PDA

View Full Version : Touch not recognized by my Mac

akm3
Feb 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'm sure this is an easy fix, but I'm not sure what to do. I plug my Touch into my USB dock cable and it lights up because the battery is charging, but it doesn't get recognized by iTunes, and isn't syncing. It used to work great and now it's not.

I've tried unplugging and replugging the usb cable, trying different usb ports, tried shutting down and rebooting, etc, but nothing.

In System Profiler, it shows the ipod touch connected under USB devices, but iTunes doesn't 'see' it.

I'm running Leopard 10.5.2, if that is any use.

What completely obvious step am I screwing up?

akm3
Feb 29, 2008, 10:00 PM
This a completely unhacked version 1.1.3 if that helps anyone think of anything. I don't have 1.1.4 because iTunes won't recognize it's plugged in to update it!

akm3
Mar 1, 2008, 09:24 PM
Is there anywhere I can go for help or is it time to call Apple?

aross99
Mar 1, 2008, 09:49 PM
Seems very strange that the System profiler shows it, but iTunes does not. That tells me that your Mac can see the Touch from a hardware standpoint.

Have you tried restarting your iPod Touch?

akm3
Mar 2, 2008, 04:44 PM
Seems very strange that the System profiler shows it, but iTunes does not. That tells me that your Mac can see the Touch from a hardware standpoint.

Have you tried restarting your iPod Touch?

Yes, I tried restarting the iPod. I also took my windows machine with iTunes on it, and plugged it in. It immediately recognized the iPod just like you would expect it to. So now I know the iPod and cable are OK, and something is wrong with my 'it just works' Mac Mini.

I'm going to try repairing disk permissions. I need some way to 'reboot' all the USB devices and have it go re-find/install all the USB connections.

Mikey B
Mar 2, 2008, 08:59 PM
I had a similar problem. Try re-installing iTunes. That worked for me. Good luck!

akm3
Mar 2, 2008, 11:34 PM
I had a similar problem. Try re-installing iTunes. That worked for me. Good luck!

BOOM! Problem solved thank you!

Mikey B
Mar 3, 2008, 10:44 AM
Excellent!:D