Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artistsheart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
I have a mac book.. His name is besi. I just him down. I went o start him after my work out...and nothing. He would not start.

Took him in, and they say new logic board. I wait a week get logic board
They put it in. I start it before leaving shop....fun big black screen
now they saw the Logixc board is doa
and I wait another week while they fix it
I have it back one day. Then I move it., It starts gonging nonstop. Then black screen
I pulled the battery. Put it bvack
and now all I have is a black screen.
WTF?

The shop is closed for the weekend. I ahve work, and school work do and need to finish and get that data.

What should I do????

Please help

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
1. cry
2. call apple and see if they can sort out some kind of replacement, as it has been fixed twice by (hopefully) and Authorised Apple Reseller/Repairer or by apple themselves, and it's a bit unacceptable that it should be happening again.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Best bet would be to take into an Apple Store pending there is one in driving distance. You will get onsite support and may even get a new machine out of the deal.

Artistsheart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Best bet would be to take into an Apple Store pending there is one in driving distance. You will get onsite support and may even get a new machine out of the deal.

I did buy it from an authorized dealer and returned it there for repair (twice) I am going to call my Apple Store. Luckily I live in Toronto, and there are two within driving distance. I am going to call at 9:00 am and see if there is anything they can do to help. Besi is less than a year old....

Thank you both for your responses!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.