Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

convertee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
is apple stooping to the lows of Nokia by charging us excessive prices for something that used to come in the box?

that said, i have had an idea, is there anything stopping us from using the remote that comes with an ipod universal dock with a new macbook (or any other mac)? as apple charges (AU)$69 for the remote if you want it to come with your macbook and $79 for a universal dock with remote, seems to me like for only an extra $10 you can get a dock as well

thoughts?

mbrydone

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
get the dock...but man apple is ripping you off, here in the US the remote is $19 and the universal dock is $49...the remotes all work the same so you should be good!

convertee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
hold that thought, my eyes decieved me, apple remote AU$29....thanks anyway

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I really don't think Apple is ripping us off. They were simply tired of including something extra that nobody ever used. Me personally, I used it. But if you troll around the Internet you will find that the masses don't even know where their remote is or say that their dog chewed it up.

But you are right, the Universal Remote is just that, Universal and will work with a dock or computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.