PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft III

Macmaniac
May 1, 2002, 08:45 AM
With the release of Warcraft III coming I want your opinions on what you have seen so far! Is it X native? Do you have any REALLY lucky friends who got the BETA version? Tell us what you think!

Personally it looks a little cartoony compared to D2, I was also hoping for lots of cool buildings but it seems that War3 is less concentrated on buildings then War2.

Starcraft2 will be the true town managment game!

void
May 6, 2002, 07:39 PM
you dont have to be lucky, thats what morpheus is for :)

Catfish_Man
May 6, 2002, 07:50 PM
...has it and says "it's really cool". I haven't been able to get much more out of him, he's a bit spacy.

iJon
May 6, 2002, 07:58 PM
It is actually pretty cool. Yes it will be os x native and it will be released at the same time as the windows. Kind of like diablo, its a hybrid disc. actually you can already go buy it at best buy, well at least preorder it and you will get it june 28. i have the beta and played some multiplayer. there is a whole lot of improvments but will probably be the same ol' same ol' with better graphics. cant wait though.

iJon

BongHits
May 6, 2002, 08:01 PM
I just recieved this letter from Blizzard in question over the video test for WC 3 on Mac OS X. Obviously they are going to release a native version (has anyone else seen it advertised on Apple.com?) Here's the letter : There is no need for a Macintosh version of the card test. Given the very few Macintosh compatible video cards which will run the game, we feel we are able to sufficiently test the game on the Macintosh platform.

cb911
May 7, 2002, 02:55 AM
sounds good. i'll be looking for some good games when i get my TiBook:D

P.S. have a look at the 'Raiden Fighters on Mac' thread. i really need some help!

Macmaniac
May 7, 2002, 10:19 AM
Only about 60 days to go. I have not pre ordered, but I feel I can get lucky!

peterjhill
May 8, 2002, 10:31 AM
Actually both me and another coworker got the beta. It is pretty cool. It definitely is a warcraft game. When they first started talking about it a year ago, I thought it would be more Diablo like, but it is straight to the heart warcraft. Build buildings, upgrade units, build an army, fight.

They are trying to make 'rushing' less important/widespread. I like the items that you can get for you hero's. Hero's are cool. I like that each race does things a little differently. Playing a different race is more like Starcraft, than Starwars Galactic BG. SWGB, each race has pretty much the same units, only some races air are stronger than others. but the units are all alike.

Well, thats my $0.02